DAoC, and ui mods.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Last few days I've been playing around with the new UI skins for Toa, and just been wondering if some of the stuff is against CoC, not wanting to go against it I'm asking if its right or wrong ;P

in game maps, I was thinking about, is this against CoC at all?

I've seen a number of them on websites atm, look cool, can play max screen and not need to keep alt tabing to look on camelotherald all the time for locs and locations of places, very helpfull imo, specialy for newbs like myself who don't know ToA zones as well as many other albion zones.

oh oh, and a 2nd Q, when will the end bars on the group windows work.

Is there any other mod sites that have alot of stuff on? I only know of daocmods.com atm, any help welcome, thankzies ;D

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
END bars are in 1.69 from reading the patch notes.

Maps are fine in the skin from what Ive been reading, these are only displaying an image anyway, they dont plot your possition or enemy possitions on them so I really cant see a problem using them (or am i wrong here)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see how zone maps could be against the CoC as long as they are static maps and do not attempt to interpret data sent between your machine and the server - cos then it would be radar and that would be bad.
A map of the zone with landmarks, terrain, known spawn points etc marked on it would be ok, a map showing locations of other players or mobs based on server info would be against the CoC in my opinion.

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
the maps are fine as they are not using any form of radar or program to show location. in theory as long as they aren't showing anyone else as they are planning in frontiers (showing where large scale fights are going on) i can't see a reason why that would be stopped as long as it doesn't show where the opposition is. as for end bars that has already been answered :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom