DAoC and Shrouded Isles expansion

A

Arlone

Found this lil thingie on some gamenews-site. If you got nothing better to do it might be some interesting reading :)

http://www.gamezone.com/news/06_26_02_11_51AM.htm

I so agree with one of the answers:

Q: What have you learned about the world of MMORPG?

Answer by Matt: We've learned that no matter how much thought is put into a feature, players will find a way to figure out exactly what the best/most powerful combinations are, whether it be character development, combat styles, spells, et cetera.

*giggle*

Will be funny watching albion totally populated by minstrels, middies by skalds and hibbie by enchanters in the future ;)

S

SFXman

Nice, thanks for the link!

"An example of this is that the new territory added to Albion is the fabled island of Avalon. Avalon is no longer a friendly place, though — once a part of Arthur's Realm of Albion, Avalon has been taken over by a race of creatures bent on the total subjugation of Albion. Not to go too far into the backstory at this point, suffice it to say that the enemies of Arthur have allied with these creatures and it is up to the players to liberate Avalon. The other two realms will have plots of similar complexity."

Hihiiiii!

Shrouded Isles will introduce three new player races (one per realm), and six new character classes (two per realm). These new races and classes are intended to give players the chance to play more varied characters — these new races and classes are a bit edgier than the current ones.

I bet these are some very strange ones... maybe ones which originate from the new areas added...

G

galdora

If you stay in the "home" (i.e. non- frontier) area of your Realm, you are safe and cannot be attacked, because players from other Realms cannot get to you.

eeerm :confused:

F

Fafnir

So

Originally posted by Fingoniel

he forgot to add "without abusing bugs"

So why do i find graves all over midgard... .-) And what are thoose nasty aggro npc's for??? :)

F

Flimgoblin

Pah :) pedants...

You're safe in your home realm if you don't go and knock on the dragon/giant/vicious looking spriggarn's door.

They ain't gonna come and hunt you down, camp your bind stone... etc.

F

Flimgoblin

Don't mess with the vicious looking spriggarn

(oh and my sorceror once got savaged by a grumpy brownie)

S

SFXman

Was this the brownie?
puppy.gif

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

We're also launching in Korea in late summer fully localized into Korean. As I'm sure you're aware the Korean market is huge and we expect to draw a large number of subscribers.

Why not use the Korean players to fill up Prydwen and to strenghten their community?
/evil laugh
Baba says: "ITAM PLZZZZ!!!!1111!"

Yours,

Troll

Bite me :flame:

S

SFXman

sickofit... that would be the death of my patience if koreans arrived on Prydwen :puke:

K

Keri

Don't worry about Koreans descending on Prydwen, they'll all go to Mordred for sure!:p

S

SFXman

Yup, there they can boast to anyone that they are a "ME BIG BABA".

O

old.Alliandre

Just curious about the "ME BIG BABA". Could you explain?

S

SFXman

Diablo 2... koreans tend to make barbarians and talk in the fashion of:
"GIV GOOD ITAM!" = give good item
"ME BIG BABA" = I am a large barbarian
"ME KOREA BABA" = I am a korean barbarian
"^^" = gg or some other stupid thing...

Watch this to get a good idea of what I mean... here we have a typical Korea "BABA" imported into Ultima Online.
http://hikkeri.letku.net/varasto/koreababa/

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Koreans don't need Mordred to PK properly. They will get a lot of charged ITAMS and then blast off at people if they don't get what they want...hehe

U NO GIV ITAM?? STFU!!!111 DIE!!!11
koreans.gif

Banzai! Yours,

Troll

Chopstick me :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom