DAoC Allakhazam site

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
http://camelot.allakhazam.com

Was just wondering how many people use this site actively? Is it the most comprehensive item/quest/mob database site in your opinion?

I was a bit disappointed when I noticed that the equipment search engine doesn't have filters for Catacombs bonuses, have to use Ethinarg for those, and I think Ethinarg's database is a very lacking :mad:

Actually my point in making this post is to encourage people to submit items/mobs/quests/trophies to the site so we all could make use of the database more efficiently. Even unique rog-drops can be submitted, and the more rogs are submitted, the better picture we get which mobs drop the "uberest" rogs of doom :) And it would be fun to see how high utility rogs can actually exist.

And FYI I'm not at all affiliated to Allakhazam site (well I just submitted 1 month premium membership but guess that doesn't count...), just wanted to make sure that people know there's a site like this and that it's used for the good of DAoC community :cheers:

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I look for items there - but I don't trust it when it comes to older things like the epic SI dungeons - it's just outdated and incomplete on alot of stuff after TOA came out.

I won't sign up on it - I prefer to use the midgard kort-db people in my guild has collected and rather doublecheck the items that are in it.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Fenderon said:
I won't sign up on it - I prefer to use the midgard kort-db people in my guild has collected and rather doublecheck the items that are in it.

I think you don't have to sign up to submit information to the pages, which is a good thing. But tbh I don't think the premium subscription is that worthwhile, most times I search items only by their name anyway, and that's free for all.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
It's a cool page imo, I'm using in since started playing daoc. And they have selected my thought for the "Thought for the Week" section :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I usually add Vision of Sages too for a quick list of artis. :p Oh, and my brain, it already seems to have soaked up like, half albion worth of items by now. :(

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Have used Alakazham pretty much since it launched, usually found it to be reliable and its quest information accurate.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
Vision of Sages for artifacts, encounters and master levels.

Ethinarg's for searching equipment.

Allakhazam for doublechecking equipment stats (when filtered from Ethinarg), more detailed info. This is also the place to find mobs (via Bestiary) and list their drops, and also best info what it comes to quests.

All are good.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
I use a combination of many sites and my own personal experience. Ethinarg is ok but it is so incomplete it's untrue, even some of the most basic items are not listed. One feature I do like of it though, is the ability to sort by UV!

Alot of the time Allakhazam will do the job for you, although the annoying thing with Allakhazam is the inability to use certain search functions if you don't sign up for a premium account. The most irritating of these is the quest ones, you simply cannot search quests, the only way is to do "List quests by realm", then use the find function of your browser to pick out the quest you need out of a long list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom