Damage report of palintone on Air primal

A

athar

First of all, thumbs up for Xfear and Reno for doing another FE raid. It was fun and i finally managed to get my hands on a nice warden shield. Keep up the good work guys !!
Too bad someone killed a few boss mobs before the raid and we had uber pop on us at FE :(

Anyway, the reason for this post is to prove a palintone + ballista bolts = a void eld (or even better ) :D

this screenshot was taken at the last FE raid on 3 november:

sshot298.jpg

E

enli

similar dmg :p
like u asked me :)
altho i hit fire more often :/

A

athar

aye but i'm not a voidie :p

My point is that if a tank wants to make himself usefull, he should bring one and we bomb Air away in seconds :)
Anyone (even without craftskill) can operate one.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Good stuff, that looks a lot better than my average hit on Air.

From my own experience of siege stuff I recon you could fire that about as fast as the average voidy and do more damage.

S

Shrye

Originally posted by athar
aye but i'm not a voidie :p

My point is that if a tank wants to make himself usefull, he should bring one and we bomb Air away in seconds :)
Anyone (even without craftskill) can operate one.

No, you need to have siegecraft, otherwise you're unable to operate siege weapons (in other words: do alch/sc on an alt you never play anyway).

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Good stuff, that looks a lot better than my average hit on Air.

From my own experience of siege stuff I recon you could fire that about as fast as the average voidy and do more damage.

It takes, say 2 seconds to cast gtaoe, and the recast timer is 7 seconds, a total of 9 seconds.

However, to fire a siege engine (the trebutchet, gave up on palontine in RvR due to the low dmg output), it takes roughly 30 seconds to arm/ready of preparation time.

A

athar

true, it does take about 30 seconds to fire one bolt.

So Shrye, do you reccon a trebucket would do even more damage per hit on those mobs ?

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Shrye
It takes, say 2 seconds to cast gtaoe, and the recast timer is 7 seconds, a total of 9 seconds.

However, to fire a siege engine (the trebutchet, gave up on palontine in RvR due to the low dmg output), it takes roughly 30 seconds to arm/ready of preparation time.

hmm ok siege is slower, I think 30 seconds is a bit on the long side, once you get into the rythm of arm,load,fire its not that long. But I recon its comparable damage as a voidy tends to do a lot less (air is very resitant to energy).

I would be interested to know what the 'hit' rate is on these, if they get resited / missed or just sort of lost.

I know GTAoE just seems to not work sometimes (no resists message, and hitting a target that is stationary), proably due to the 'cloud pulse' timer code that sometimes awards double hits too.

basically I agree with the general idea here that 1 of these bits of siege stuff is roughly as good as a voidy.

O

old.Moriaana

...But I recon its comparable damage as a voidy tends to do a lot less (air is very resitant to energy)....

Ignore the shift+I screen. GTAoE is cold based :)

P.S. You played your voidy how long? ^^

O

old.Xanthian

My gtaoe was only doing about 65 on Air (when it hit)
Thats with 49+14 Void.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by old.Moriaana
Ignore the shift+I screen. GTAoE is cold based :)

P.S. You played your voidy how long? ^^

43 Sphere of Unmaking Ground Target 3.0s/1s/6s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 155 d (Enrg) 27 power

Herald says its energy too, and yeah ive gone by my shift+i info mainly on this, ill have to test, what makes you think its cold?

hehe I havent played him much, made at most 1rr in the last year, he retierd when SC came in, though hes soo close to rr5 I might have to gofor that oneday ;)

O

old.Xanthian

try energy debuffing something then gtaoe it :p

doesnt work, so either something is bugged or mythic are wrong (again)

O

old.Moriaana

Maelstrom debuffs cold. I do more damage with GTAoE AFTER using Maelstrom than before :)

Plus Lessurl told me so :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom