Damage diff.

N

Nicita

Anyone know how much the damage diff is between 44 slash and 50 slash ?

Cheers

P

pinball

Funny thing u mention dmg diference maybe someone could explain to me why atm my scout hits for 198 with 8 spec in bow and 20 in melee with 34 thrust specced :D

T

thorwyntf

Because there´s a software protection against "gimping your char too much" included in the DAoC code.

;)

K

Khalen

Well first there was the story about

0-1/3 specc ->50-75%
1/3-2/3 specc ->75-100%
2/3-Full specc ->100-140%

(dunno correct nrs anymore since this is almost 2 years ago)
And the current situation is that every point into a specc gives a certain % now instead of the 3 grouped damage speccs above.
Something purely as a sample:

Let's say 1 specc point is 2.5%
44 specc points would be 110%
50 specc points would be 125%

So this would mean that 50 specc points would be 15% more damage then the 44 specc on the maximum damage. (Don't forget that you don't always hit 100% of your maximum damage, sometimes you could hit for 100% with 44 specc and another time 102%. It's just the maximum that increased). This was just an example I don't know the real nrs and don't wanna look em up ;) Pin probably does know it all.

What I've heared is that 39+11 is nice already (ofcourse 50+11 would be better but it takes so much more points. It's better to look if there's something else worth getting at the same time if the 44 and 50 styles aren't needed). So it's something you gotta figure out. I myself played hybrid specc with armsman (42 shield, 39 polearm, etc.) and I'm playing 50 pole/50 crush now and I can surely notice that my 1st hit (frontload hit) has increased a lot but I do hit slow. Main reason I did go 50 was because the lvl 50 style is quite good to use in group combat because it's 2nd in line of a backstyle. Would I be some armsman who soloes a lot I will hardly hit an enemy in the back so the lvl 50 style would be something I might considered not getting then. All choices yah gotta make and I know they hard. That's why we got respec stones in the game now so we can get it fixed ourselves if it doesn't fit the gameplay you want :)

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Nicita
Anyone know how much the damage diff is between 44 slash and 50 slash ?

Cheers

for an inf or a tank?

infil wont get very much weaponskill from 44-50spec but what u do get is the best(most damaging) 1v1 style in the line, backslash hits just as hard but ofc they have to be running away for that.

so apart from the higher max damage and higher average damage gained from speccing 44-50 you also get a kickass style. the higher weaponskill does more than just let u hit harder, it means you'll miss/fumble less and be evaded/blocked/parried less also.

the extra weaponskill+spec lvl+diamond slash = ~20-30% more dmg overtime at a guess

edit: i will say tho, as a merc i very rarely use diamond, dual shadows does similar damage, so if your 50dw infil bare that in mind.

F

Flimgoblin

you get an increase to wepaonskill from 44 to 50... but I don't think that's as big an effect as the increase to style damage...

That said more weaponskill means less being blocked/parried...

you get 50/44 more style damage (it'll do 50*x instead of 44*x for calculating stuff) or rather with bonuses 65/59 ;)

it's not the end of the world, but it'll be noticeable.

K

Khalen

Yes we need Pin he knows the numbers and the percentages and the gains and losses. Pin enlighten us ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Pin
pfft. it's DAoC, not life, the universe and everything!.

it's not everything?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

K

Khalen

See Pin knows it already, he's such a genius with all those nrs and figures :) I already heared some people didn't notice much differance in 50 specc and 39+11 specc (at least not much differance). But every point more in skill increased Weaponskill too and that increases your chance to hit. So many factors to consider... You could try both speccs ofcourse, cause we got stones plenty ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom