[WITCH ELF] Dagger speed/dps

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
This probably applies to most classes but I'm wondering how important the speed value of daggers is for a WE and should I always just go for the highest DPS?

I usually spam abilities, am waiting for their cooldown and burn through AP pretty fast. In PVP I'll be chasing someone, hitting an ability then chasing some more, strafing, missing etc. I don't know how much white damage is even hitting and if speed just affects this, well I'm not sure it's important.

Marwolaeth

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest right now I just go for fastest speed with highest DPS. Can't see much difference damge wise using a slow hitting main dagger over a fast hitting main dagger when spamming abilities but it is nice after an initial burst (if I wish to keep frenzy for the next target) to watch the last quarter of health get stripped away via auto dmg alone. My big question though is how important is the dagger speed in the off hand? Can't say I've noticed any difference so far and I kind of wonder if they've got dual wielding "balanced" yet...

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
I read a blog where some guy had pretty much figured it all out and he seemed to think that the ability global cooldown is based on weapon speed. Apparently a low speed is better too, i.e. it's not speed but attack period. A lot of daggers seem to be around the speed 2 range anyway.

I'm mainly concerned with PVP, where a target doesn't usually stand still long enough for an autodamage hit. My current plan is go for the highest DPS in the main hand and highest +strength in the off-hand. I don't even care if the off-hand hits right not, but an extra 20 strength is an extra 2dps to the main hand and 4dps to abilities ;)

I'm in the middle of getting: Bonerender's Shank - Items - Warhammer Online (MH) and Sea Stunty Flayer - Items - Warhammer Online (OH) (maybe Plaguewood Kris - Items - Warhammer Online because it looks like it matches the MH). Will definitely look out for 'Misericord's for the OH because their bonus is all +strength.

My whole build is about strength to maximise DPS and it seems the tier 2 items like 'Pillagers xxx', 'Bloody xxx', 'xxx of the Wicked' have a nice +strength and some resistances.

boinged

Fledgling Freddie

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
You would think though that weapon skill for a DPS class would have more of a benefit then strength.

:m00:

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
If these formulae are right Warhammer Online - Melee Combat Mechanics Disquette’s Weblog then strength can be thought of as the opposite of toughness. Weapon skill reduces the effect of armour.

So you kind of need both but I guess getting the balance right for your strategy is key. That said I don't have a great amount of wounds or toughness so I am sacrificing survivability for all this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom