Daft Paddies

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Two men who stole a fishing boat to return to Dublin after missing their ferry home ended up sailing round in circles.

The Irishmen, aged 19 and 20, who have no sailing experience, took the 30ft trawler, worth £40,000 from Holyhead.

They tried to sail the 67 miles home across the Irish Sea but were soon hopelessly lost and put out a Mayday call.

It prompted a rescue mission by an RAF Sea King helicopter, a lifeboat from Holyhead and a coastguard cliff-rescue team.

"They thought they were speaking to coastguards in Ireland; they were very surprised when they realised they were talking to Holyhead," Ray Steadman, of the Holyhead lifeboat, said.

"They had no experience of the sea whatever. They didn't even know how to switch the cabin light on."

The men were eventually located off Wylfa, in Anglesey, having sailed 12 miles in the wrong direction. They had been sailing round and round in large circle formations.

They were towed into Holyhead and handed to police, who arrested the pair on suspicion of criminal damage after the owner of the boat, Paul Jones, made a complaint.

Mr Jones, 38, a fisherman, said: "I am very upset. This is my livelihood ... they revved the engine up to the maximum and left it like that. I still owe money for the boat. To me this is very serious."

Inspector Chris Jolley, of North Wales Police, said "Probably alcohol had a part to play in the incident. Pair of daft sods if you ask me".

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl i was on my stepper listening to radio when they said that story and i almost fell off its so funny and you can see it cant you? 2 pissed up blokes "aw shit we missed the boat home :(..... Hay i got a reeeally reeeeaaally great idea!"

things always seem a much better idea when your drunk lol

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ezteq said:
things always seem a much better idea when your drunk lol

Yep, I was 18 and walking home with the lads after a very heavy night's drinking with the lads in Manchester. One of less inhibited amongst us decided he couldn't be bothered to walk 5-6 miles at 3 am during a lovely warm summer. He vanished down some a side street and we were all that drunk that within 10 minutes we had all forgotten about him.

Half an hour later a car comes flying up the road behind us with the driver revving the bollocks out of the engine. Low and behold it is our missing friend, flying up Hyde Road in a 3 wheeled toilet blue 'Spaz chariot' that he had hotwired from outside an old folks home. The daft **** started started honking the horn and swearving as he passed us, didn't see the traffic lights in front of him as he was too distracted and ended up plowing into through a crash barrier and right into a cafe through the front window.

We died laughing at him, oh all for about 10 seconds. Then we saw a small fire starting in the shop and so legged it over to help him get out. He was in a pretty bad way when we got to him, hadn't been wearing a seatbelt so his head and face were a mess but he was able to move a bit so we got him out and moved him to a safe distance. Maybe 5 minutes later the cafe went up in flames and took the car with it, we could hear the sirens coming and he was in no shape to leave so we told him that we didn't want to get involved and maybe arrested as accomplices, he agreed and we all legged it before the sirens arrived.

The next day we got word that he had been arrested, taken to hospital for broken collarbone, fractured skull, cuts and a 2 broken ribs. Frankly he got what he deserved and we all laughed about it, then we were told that he was facing 5-6 different charges and was looking at 5 years or more if he got a strict judge.

Anyway, he pleaded guilty and ended up getting 4 years of which he did 2 years all at Wormwood Scrubs in London which is supposed to be one of the worst prisions around. It fucked his life up, he never went onto university or was able to hold down a proper job for long after spending 2 years inside. The last I heard he was on drugs and just pissing his life away.

So the moral of the story kids is this, don't get bladdered and then drive a robbed 'spaz chariot' into a cafe!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
and did he say "well it seemed like a good idea at the time"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Delket said:
We need a Rl interesting story thread.

God no, I don't have enough spare time as it is without having to tell the sordid tales of my life :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom