D900 SD Memory Card Help!

Laddey

FH is my second home
Hey, once again i'm here. For technical help!

Well, i bought a 1gig SD Memory card, it worked wonders i had like 3 albums on it.

I listened to some music this morning, went on my driving lesson. Turned my phone off for the duration, turned it back on then i get the message

''Not Allowed'' ! I've tried loads of stuff, removing it, turning the phone on and off. Piss annoying, anybody else got this problem, or solved it? All help appreciated! Thx

Laddey

FH is my second home
Now this is weird. Check these steps out.

Taken from http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?i=138117&thread=119

I switched the phone to Mass Storage (Settings - Phone Settings - USB Settings).
I then removed the card, and then re-inserted it - but then immediately hit my camera button twice to take a picture.
The phone says that the card is inserted and when I go into it it can be accessed.
This fixes the problem about 95% of the time I have tried it.

Wow - I am truely gobsmacked! I took delivery of a 1Gb Viking micro SD card today with great plans of loading it with music and pictures for use on my 1 week old D900. But when I inserted the card...nothing. I got greyed out menus as per the above posts.

I tried formatting the card in several ways but little change - Fat32 with a volume name seemed to be the best, as at leas this resulted in an "initialising" message, but no more.

Then I found this site and tried most of the ideas - even Mrhelpfull''s technique, but no use. I had just given up, and was going for a cup of tea when I tried MrHelfull''s trick again, but this time I re-set the USB mode to modem before I tried to access the card....I works! Thanks to all...what I would do without these types of forums I don''t know!

PS I''m an electronics engineer with 15 years design experience, and I''s still gobsmacked...I put it down to dodgy software!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom