D2 anyone?

Saw some post a while ago about d2, and some ppl who had started up again. Got quiet intersted, but taken me awhile to actually start up on my own again.

So was woundering, who is playing D2 still, and where?

and givef SoJ!! :´<

P.z I play as Matriarch teh ultra mf sorc :\
now giev friends :p

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
i play still, between daoc and such that is. But got a mf sorc myself so if you play eu scl i'll be happy to mf with ya.

Demon2k3 said:
i play still, between daoc and such that is. But got a mf sorc myself so if you play eu scl i'll be happy to mf with ya.

That be cool, iam lvling my own MF sorc atm, its lvl 84 after 2 days ;o...

Gonna MF some then when i got the gear to support a r0x necro for pvp ill do that ;p...

Gimmie a shout ingame on Matriarch imo, or just PM here ;s

/edit, dont PM this freddie nick, this is my 'when iam banned' acc ;<

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
the post was on the off-topic boards :)

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Playing some D2 myself =)

Next expansion of DAOC is Cow level in D2 :m00: :m00: :m00: :flame:

Hollomere

Fledgling Freddie
Ahhhhhh the good old days of D2....... all those hours spent running Hell Cows.... the excitement of the gold weapons dropping from Mephi (and then realising its just another crappy lvl30ish sword)....

... and after all that, losing your lvl 70 Hardcore Meteor Sorc because of that "one last run" after "one too many beers"...... :twak:

I loved D2 :worthy:

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Got my uber dual wield barbarian still fully functional, and every now and then, I then I'll play the game. True it doesn't have the graphics what these new games have - but it surely is fun, and before the bots it had the nice feel to try once more to get a better rares for gear. Now there has been quite a while ethereal runeword items which beat hands down almost any rare / set stuff, but like said esp by playing barbarian it can be fun :) also you can play hardcore, one bad move and you're dead forever - tho the difficulty of such insta kill mobs has been nerfed tons lol, so not that likely to happen, if you got atleast mediocre gear on, and capped resists.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
You might want to look at Titan Quest too. It playes pretty much the same as D2, but is much newer. ;)

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
Got bored after killing pindleskin 50000 times with my pindlebot. Oh and i got 4 Windforce for that. Useless droprate tbh!

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Tesla Monkor said:
You might want to look at Titan Quest too. It playes pretty much the same as D2, but is much newer. ;)

Yup, I've played this game as well. Sadly it has not good network game, like in d2. a crucial thing so this kind of game is enjoyable for a long time. I played thus then the solo game of it, and used some of the hacks / mods net is full of lol, so much of the enjoyment as I had fast the best gear possible lol.

As a conclusion network game (closed one to be precise) , is crucial for this kind of games, to keep the interest on for longer times.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
orbin said:
Got bored after killing pindleskin 50000 times with my pindlebot. Oh and i got 4 Windforce for that. Useless droprate tbh!

Yeah, lol made some bots as well and used them with ok success.

I remb when d2 was new no expansions etc ( d2c ). The pvp balance was the best i ever seen in a pvp game. Tvt ( team vs team ) was so much fun, esp since atleast in the community i was active in we had irl tours with real pricemoney, and weekly / daily tvt tours with ingame items as prize. Say a 20 guils signed up, the entry fee for each guild ( 4 ppl teams ) was 20 sojs, then the winning team took it all and the 2nd team got their entry fee back. Great fun imo.

pvp team of 1 ama, 1 pala 1 necro and 1 sorc was so much fun, they all supported and fullfilled eachother ( lost the word i 1st intented to use^^ ). Great team work game.

The new d2x with new patches and shit, with those runewords seem to complicate things alot more, wich is a shame ( imo ). Tho in all honesty not all runewords are that good. I still believe that uniques, drops can and often are superior when it comes to pvp. :)

When my sorc is lvl 90 iam gonna go MF, if any other ppl feel like joining me feel free to PM or post in this thread ;o

P.S does anyone know if there is any nice english pvp community still active, with website, ladder and tours etc?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Kaun_IA said:
mhm.... should start whit d2 again someday :p i miss some things :p

i miss my summoning necro... fun to have loads and loads of little skellies out to do your bidding. didnt go to well on the tougher settings tho :(

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Sneakers|Matriarch said:
P.S does anyone know if there is any nice english pvp community still active, with website, ladder and tours etc?

Closest to that would probably be www.diabloii.net

It's the only real long-standing D2 sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom