Cv Bg

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:

Lifetap has an 80% return on the damage dealt.

Say I deal 100 damage, I will get 80 HP back, do you get it? I am sure anyone with half a brain would, you either misread it (which I assume you did) or you are very, very stupid.

100 is not 80% of 170.

/sigh, what do they teach you in school these days...

Hmmm?

If you are at 1000/1100 hitpoints when you cast that lifetap, you are 100 hitpoints from gaining full health.

100 of 170 is less than 80%.

However, since you only need 100 hitpoints to make you full hitpoints, it should, in the combat log (if my memory of the game is still good), come up with something of the following:

'You deal 170 damage'
'You still 100 hitpoints'
'You cannot steal any more life'

I won't make any sarcastic comments about your ban, your pwndancer, your comical one lines etc. because i'm intrigued to see your reply.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
Dorimor1 said:
Listen, I just said I might be running a BD group, which is actually on topic, so please get your facts right, k? :)

Yes, but then that bd group made another topic namely the bd lifetap and strafe discussion.

So get your fact rights to to ty :)

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
It is not your thread, you do not own the thread, you just started it and it is open to discussion. If you really have such a lack of possessions in your life that you are so desperate to claim a bunch of worthless pixels then I advise you get a job and sort yourself out.

Why are you so abusive to people?

You are just a KID, coming on a forum giving it the large one is just LOL. I bet irl you are just a fat ******* geek, who has no friends, no job, and no life.

You make a leaving thread on here, and then spend the next few weeks logging on in game, and posting gibberish kak about the skill less piece of shit BD you play in thid.

Dorimor1

Banned
Bugz said:
Hmmm?

If you are at 1000/1100 hitpoints when you cast that lifetap, you are 100 hitpoints from gaining full health.

100 of 170 is less than 80%.

However, since you only need 100 hitpoints to make you full hitpoints, it should, in the combat log (if my memory of the game is still good), come up with something of the following:

'You deal 170 damage'
'You still 100 hitpoints'
'You cannot steal any more life'

But in RandomDotCom's post the message 'you cannot steal any more life' is not listed, therefore we are assuming the Bonedancer does not have 1000/1100 hit points. You may be right in one situation Bugz but for this one you are incorrect and there is no use in trying to stray the arugement in a different direction because you misread the post/you are just stupid.

If RandomDotCom said:

You cast llolololajhnoobtittap
Your spell hits for 170
You steal 100 Hit points!
You cannot steal any more life!

Then you would be correct, but if you look at his original post he does not say that, but in that respect you would be right but then I would not have argued about the 80% return. However, the post says this:

You cast llolololajhnoobtittap
Your spell hits for 170
You steal 100 Hit points!

Therefore I am correct.

Dorimor1

Banned
Unleashed said:
Why are you so abusive to people?

You are just a KID, coming on a forum giving it the large one is just LOL. I bet irl you are just a fat ******* geek, who has no friends, no job, and no life.

You make a leaving thread on here, and then spend the next few weeks logging on in game, and posting gibberish kak about the skill less piece of shit BD you play in thid.

You immediatly contradict yourself by calling me a fat ******* geek. I'll have you know I am not fat irl, I have friends and I do have a job, so please lay off when you do not know me at all.

Also, you don't even show me your identity, you probably create this account for the sole purpose to flame me and/or act like an idiot.

I have spent the last week playing, not the last few weeks and it has been for 10-15 minutes to say some goodbyes. I am not the 'KID' here, you are the one throwing your toys out of the pram. Perhaps if you see my sig you will realise what I mean skill-wise when you are talking about a Bonedancer.

Judging by your posts you seem the immature kid here, hiding behind an anonymous name.

Dorimor1

Banned
Demon2k3 said:
Yes, but then that bd group made another topic namely the bd lifetap and strafe discussion.

So get your fact rights to to ty :)

I wasn't the first one to stray this off-topic though, I may be leading this off-topic but it wouldn't be going in this direction if some people could keep their mouths shut.

I hope you are able understand this time :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
Therefore I am correct.

lol?

Dorimor1 said:
Lifetap is an 80% return and I believe that 100 is not 80% of 170. Just shows how much you know about BDs because if you only use lifetap then you're in for a hard time...

You stated it is an 80% return.

I did NOT quote his post nor did I challenge it or compliment it.

I did however say:

Bugz said:
What if he has 1000/1100 hp's?

Then it'll be 100 hp return.

Now, let's say I didn't say anything about 'you cannot steal any more life.'

If 80% of 170 is 140 ish then having 1000/1100 hitpoints would make you reach the limit since you only need 100 hitpoints to make that limit. So, in effect, I am not wrong because it WOULD be a 100 hitpoint return.

The fact the guy forgot to add 'you cannot steal any more hitpoints' isn't creditable for you. I merely passed up a situation, in retailiation to your cocky comment (glad to see your not using bad languague - you naughty boy) to say that a 100 hitpoint steal on a 170 damage LT is viably possible.

Now, get off your high horse and maybe just say 'yeah, ok, in that situation you are right.'

Dorimor1

Banned
Bugz said:
If 80% of 170 is 140 ish then having 1000/1100 hitpoints would make you reach the limit since you only need 100 hitpoints to make that limit. So, in effect, I am not wrong because it WOULD be a 100 hitpoint return.

The fact the guy forgot to add 'you cannot steal any more hitpoints' isn't creditable for you. I merely passed up a situation, in retailiation to your cocky comment (glad to see your not using bad languague - you naughty boy) to say that a 100 hitpoint steal on a 170 damage LT is viably possible

Maybe he knew what he was saying and he is assuming the Bonedancer is 800/1100 health?

Bugz it's easy to twist something and assume you are right, if we are regarding the original post, I am correct because this suggests the Bonedancer is not fully healed by his lifetap because he did not have 1000/1100 hit points to start with.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
Maybe he knew what he was saying and he is assuming the Bonedancer is 800/1100 health?

Bugz it's easy to twist something and assume you are right, if we are regarding the original post, I am correct because this suggests the Bonedancer is not fully healed by his lifetap because he did not have 1000/1100 hit points to start with.

If I was refering to the original post I would have quoted it or complimented/included it in some way.

I merely stated, whilst quoting YOUR post that a 80% return rate doesn't always work.

I'm finding it hard to believe we are argueing over something so petty but you annoy me when you start handing out the /sigh's and the schoolkid comments. Your argueing with a schoolkid so using it as some form of an insult doesn't really do good to yourself.

Dorimor1

Banned
Bugz said:
If I was refering to the original post I would have quoted it or complimented/included it in some way.

I merely stated, whilst quoting YOUR post that a 80% return rate doesn't always work.

I'm finding it hard to believe we are argueing over something so petty but you annoy me when you start handing out the /sigh's and the schoolkid comments. Your argueing with a schoolkid so using it as some form of an insult doesn't really do good to yourself.

I stated that lifetap had an 80% return. You claim that you said it does not always have an 80% return but the ability, when you right click on it and Shift + I states it has an 80% return, that is fact. It always has an 80% return. In cases where you have less health needing to be restored it still has an 80% return, we know this because it says 'you cannot absorb any more life'.

If the return was adjusted to how many HPs you have then it would not say that because you would get returned the exact percentage needed if you didn't need the 80% value of hit points the lifetap returns. My English is bad and I hope you can understand.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Eh? Why the heck you guys argue for things like this?!?

You ran this thread to totally Offtopic.. -_-

And really.. What is so hard to understand in the 80% return? It gives 80 back from 100 dmg. And so on.. Use the brains. It's your gift from your god. :D

And btw, using them (brains) is less harder than post spam here about it (lifetap return). Leave this thing be and talk about the BG.

Yes. This was Offtopic aswell, but I had to try to stop this.. flame/argue war.

That's it. Easy tip. Use your brains.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
I wasn't the first one to stray this off-topic though, I may be leading this off-topic but it wouldn't be going in this direction if some people could keep their mouths shut.

I hope you are able understand this time :)

i understand perfectly, i made this thread as stated 2-3 times now, that i wished to gauge the opposition and intrest in CV, however you have pissed all over this thread and as stated "lead this of topic".

so kindly once more, pretty please with sugar on top, crawl back in your hole and let this get back to what was originally discussed.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=205624

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
I stated that lifetap had an 80% return. You claim that you said it does not always have an 80% return but the ability, when you right click on it and Shift + I states it has an 80% return, that is fact. It always has an 80% return. In cases where you have less health needing to be restored it still has an 80% return, we know this because it says 'you cannot absorb any more life'.

If the return was adjusted to how many HPs you have then it would not say that because you would get returned the exact percentage needed if you didn't need the 80% value of hit points the lifetap returns. My English is bad and I hope you can understand.

This is going no-where.

I could sit here and argue back with numbers. Then you can argue back with delves and more numbers. And I can argue back with saying 'blah, blah, so and so is not 80%'

For once I am actually backing out of an arguement with you Dori, feel honored.

What country do you come from btw? I googled your location, if it exists, but all it came up with was FH links.

Dorimor1

Banned
Phantomby said:
so kindly once more, pretty please with sugar on top, crawl back in your hole and let this get back to what was originally discussed.

What hole?

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
dude, dorimor, stop being a **** yea? i made a joke, you obviously took it far too seriously, please, get out more

Dorimor1

Banned
RandomDotCom said:
dude, dorimor, stop being a **** yea? i made a joke, you obviously took it far too seriously, please, get out more

Nah I thought I'd just proove you wrong, I enjoy that.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Shhh Random dont you know Dorimor isnt even playing or posting on these forums any more?

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Will people actually bother going to Leirvik anymore with this new one available ? seeing as how the RP cap here will be a lot better, and lets face it Leirviks Water content is crap. Cant wait to speed me way to 45-49 just to try out this new BG tbh, nice to see one that wont be empty all the time (bar thid ofc).

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
it was more a case of you talk shit so pretend you are not actually there response though :p

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
personally got a 49.5 RR3 Fully ToA'd Bard Ready and a Animist for soem good times, my Champion and NS are level 46 but waiting on artifacts.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
lol bugz and dor

I got myself a 49 theu all kitted Artis etc ready to play in BG CV cant wait

flopster

Fledgling Freddie
what will firemansam and nuranthingy do now tho..... no roof to camp:eek7:

guess they will have to go big boy rvr and sit there all day:p

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I hope not many will be armed to their teeth with arti's and buffs, cause that's the main reason I hate 50 rvr so much, where you need this to be able to compete.

Example: Malice proc makes every 1v1 boring.

Remember a fight can only be fun if it's winnable at both ends. ;)

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
can we at least try and make this Battleground a little more Fairer? ie. no one please attack a solo guy if you are more than two in a group?

People dont seem to realise that playing this game is lot like fishing, if you dont zerg then the enemy comes back so you have more chance of getting more realm points, if you zerg him to death with a fg or even something remotely outnumbering he wont come back, if you strafe he wont come back, if you 'keep' on using run through tactics he wont come back.

Personally got a few characters ready for Cathal,
Vin - Nightshade - Will run solo
Finliath - Animist - Should be fun to try FG action with a Animist
Cow - Bard - LFG mates, can't do shit without a group
Lathander - Champion - Solo unless i can find a group to join, will not add on 1 vs 1 unless its a BD [Fucking hate em]
Yamaha - Druid - not leaving htk without a group, end of

Last of all i would just like to say that the reason that i dont like Bonedancers is that they can spec insta lifetap which makes them near impossible to kill compared to other 'casters' of any kind, i know sorcerers can just as easily Mezz -> Run to max range -> Dot and lifetap lifetap lifetap, but it involves more than one button, strafing Bonedancers are teh suck, ive yet to meet an honourable Bonedancer but theres always hope right? :(

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
you will NEVER be short of a group in CV with a bard or druid i can guarantee that.
many seem to go to BG's for instant fun and less roaming looking for enemy, but the psychology behind this is that they are logging on solo to see who or what is in there, for this reason they usually make a class that can kill other classes so support and healing are rare.

I agree with you 100% about zerging people, whats the fun in running in a fg when there are only 2's and 3's of enemy? they will get whooped 2-3 times think this is pointless and log off...now your fg has nothing to kill...congrats.

But people generally dont concider the consequences of their actions (looking at the mids in leir generally) so some form of fair play would be nice (but im doubtful)

today and the next few weeks CV will be v busy, then it will settle, i hope when it does settle its still very active and most of all...FUN.

farms - chanter

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be playing a theurg now and then, Gonna have a few others with me aswell so who knows, Maybe once every now and then we will do small pugs :d

Honestly dont think this BG is gonna work though :/

Toel

Loyal Freddie
I'll most likely be on my vamp roaming, though he's still 44.5, heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom