Customer demands: whic do you have?

H

herjulf

I am hoping to create a sticky thread here.

Mainly because i as a customer is getting fed up with "snail speed" support, and lack of feedback.
I care for this game since i spend so much time with it, and still like it.
I am also aware of the "very low" number of support staff.
that is also why i write this, to perhaps show GOA that there is a demand for the services described below.
so that GOA can take appropriate action in meeting the demand.

In my list of demands/wished the nr1 is 24/7 support.
/appeal is ofc for the customers the best solution.

Support issues:

background: Having with 3 chars had epic quest problems with 2 of those, and also had instances where i got /stuck in manors i myself couldnt solve with /stuck.
Then waiting from friday 1700cet-monday 0900+cet is not an acceptable option.
Also i have had rigtnow issues where they via support failed to fix a epic quest problem, and each conversation took 1day so since it took 5 conversations it took a whole week for it to get fixed.
Picture yourself this sunday afternoon, epic quest broken need help, i write in rightnow, monday they "think" they have fixed it, i get back from work 1700cet, and notice it isnt fixed, they didnt do it right.
so i write again.. next day the same thing happens, well u can picture the frustration customers feel.

Solution: with the game being a 24/7 game, with support need´s on weekends aswell, and in most cases since many have works etc, a ingame support system is of outmost importance.
therefore i wish to see /appeal implemented. and support via rightnow being 24/7 aswell. due to account problems etc, and billing issues.

Feedback customers-Goa:

Background:
As customer i want to feel that my ideas and/or suggestions are valued, i wish for direct feedback in some form outside game.

Today i get no feedback, or if i ask a question only i get the answer. thus X nr of people also ask you the same question.
Mythic has a board where customers can ask questions, and support staff answers even other users can stick in with ideas/suggestions.

Solution:
create a board on www.camelot-europe.com webpage, for support and suggestion, also set up a #irc channel, so the possibility of direct feedback is possible.
For example, i dont understand the FAQ, how do i change my VISA card number for billing? my card got broken/stolen so i got a new number.
Customer support then have the ability to reply and also since the FAQ is to vague, they get to look over the FAQ aswell.
Or perhaps look over the account page, to make it more configurable, due to customer wishes.

Barrysworld general forum dont cut it, it must be a board handled by GOA with representaives watching over it all the time.

L

-Lonewolf-

Barrysworld general forum dont cut it, it must be a board handled by GOA with representaives watching over it all the time. [/B]

I wouldn't cut it have no reason to it is a well constructed post dunno about the sticky thing tho mate tbh

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: Customer demands: whic do you have?

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-

I wouldn't cut it have no reason to it is a well constructed post dunno about the sticky thing tho mate tbh

think he meant that Barrysworld doesn't provide the feedback that he was after :)

I don't think /appeal would help, other than putting up the subscription charges.
24/7 RightNow would be good :)

(note that when we get windowed mode in SI, using RightNow will actually become a lot lot easier - so /appeal is becoming rather un-necessary)

Mythic has a board where customers can ask questions, and support staff answers even other users can stick in with ideas/suggestions.

Where is this board?
I've seen the VN whine boards where players post their deepest whines to the world, and there's a very occasional response.

Around as often as Kemor/Zargar respond to things here :)

Also VN is not run by Mythic - it's a separate gaming website... rather like barrysworld.

L

-Lonewolf-

Flim ur right mis-read that one sorry about that too many posts dealing with at the mo to try and help people ;)

Thanks again

B

blain

GOA used to have an official forum on thier website, but they closed it because they got "negative feedback"

Heh, they didn't like thier own website being full of complainted and insults.

P

primo

Originally posted by herjulf
I am hoping to create a sticky thread here.

Mainly because i as a customer is getting fed up with "snail speed" support, and lack of feedback.
I care for this game since i spend so much time with it, and still like it.
I am also aware of the "very low" number of support staff.
that is also why i write this, to perhaps show GOA that there is a demand for the services described below.
so that GOA can take appropriate action in meeting the demand.

In my list of demands/wished the nr1 is 24/7 support.
/appeal is ofc for the customers the best solution.

Support issues:

background: Having with 3 chars had epic quest problems with 2 of those, and also had instances where i got /stuck in manors i myself couldnt solve with /stuck.
Then waiting from friday 1700cet-monday 0900+cet is not an acceptable option.
Also i have had rigtnow issues where they via support failed to fix a epic quest problem, and each conversation took 1day so since it took 5 conversations it took a whole week for it to get fixed.
Picture yourself this sunday afternoon, epic quest broken need help, i write in rightnow, monday they "think" they have fixed it, i get back from work 1700cet, and notice it isnt fixed, they didnt do it right.
so i write again.. next day the same thing happens, well u can picture the frustration customers feel.

Solution: with the game being a 24/7 game, with support need´s on weekends aswell, and in most cases since many have works etc, a ingame support system is of outmost importance.
therefore i wish to see /appeal implemented. and support via rightnow being 24/7 aswell. due to account problems etc, and billing issues.

Feedback customers-Goa:

Background:
As customer i want to feel that my ideas and/or suggestions are valued, i wish for direct feedback in some form outside game.

Today i get no feedback, or if i ask a question only i get the answer. thus X nr of people also ask you the same question.

Solution:
create a board on www.camelot-europe.com webpage, for support and suggestion, also set up a #irc channel, so the possibility of direct feedback is possible.
For example, i dont understand the FAQ, how do i change my VISA card number for billing? my card got broken/stolen so i got a new number.
Customer support then have the ability to reply and also since the FAQ is to vague, they get to look over the FAQ aswell.
Or perhaps look over the account page, to make it more configurable, due to customer wishes.

Barrysworld general forum dont cut it, it must be a board handled by GOA with representaives watching over it all the time.

They had a board, but they took it down and Barrysworld was kind enough to provide this board for them instead.

H

herjulf

With barrysworld forum not cutting it, i mean not all is aware of barrysworld being a well visited forum for such activities, a link under support to barrysworld general, technical problems forums and a statement from GOA that they have chosen barrysworld: <insert forum here> as official board, then barrysworld would certainly cut it.

No offence meant.

And yes i had the VNboards in mind, this being the home of the TL reports, for each class makes it a natural home for such feedback.

And ofcourse, all feedback is not good, some will be simple minded and some even rude.
that is where one has to filter out which feedback is essential and which is not.
And that is also why it is so importanct to have such boards, if a general majority looks for a feature it will more easily come to GOA´s knowledge, and if it is withing GOA´s ability to implemet it,
they can give feedback that they have taken this under advisement, and they think that <insert idea here> has <this potential> and how would you most rewered customers like this service to look/work.

That is what i look for under part 2 of my original message.
Customer - Service provider (GOA) interaction.

Overall this will make the customers feel that they are apreciated and that their feeback is valued.

And now i dont talk about "the game, the universe" more of a ideas on other things, like events, news reports and so on.
Like an idea i have which i am currently fine tuning. "server news", from ingame reporters (players reporting).
Like odd events, presented in a "roleplay" spirit.

I am shure there are many possibilities with this, but the base is it must be conveyed to even new players.
Prefferebly somewhere near the "enter rightnow" link.

N

-Nxs-

It would be realy nice to have a DEV hour once a month in IRC, or a grab bag similar to the USA.

Not to much to ask and would be greatly appreciated and accepted by the users.

K

kain_pravus

I want....

*In game support.
*Access to the American voting booth

To be honest I want everything the americans are getting. Same game, so should be same service

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom