Custom maps downloading issue

P

Pakman

Yesterday we had some custom maps put on the Bookables, it appears that means they are on the preview too, the client defaults to downloading missing maps from the server whether the map is running or not.

Three options till someone with more knowledge/power than me turns up:
  • Hit esc, select options, then game, under the downloads section change "Get missing files from server" to off.
  • Download the maps from the FTP ftp://ftp.game.net/pub/games/enemyterritory/maps/
  • Download the maps from the server (don't recommend)

C

Chameleon

Aye there was a weird case of this on the old bw1 ra3 server where it would keep trying to get you to download a custom map1, which wasn't even in the map cycle. You ought to be able to drop the console and type

/cl_allowdownload 0

then

/reconnect

it ought to allow you to connect without downloading the map, unless that map is being played at the time of course ;)
It's generally best to set downloads to NO (/seta cl_allowdownload 0), as downloading from the server takes way too long :)

P

Pakman

Well they seem to have sorted it \o/.

I did try allowdownload 0 but if the client was set to download it simply disconnected, not really much improvement.

W

Will

I kept getting kicked when I joined a team on the Sub servers while config testing. I wondered why, and now I know.:)

P

Pakman

You still seem to need the maps or disable the "Get files..." dodad for the subscription servers and the bookables.

X

Xage

thing that bothers me is that every1 blames me :p

Users who are viewing this thread