Custom map servers at BW

G

granny

Hi CS people,

As you know BW have recently whacked up a few more CS servers, one of which (at least) will be used for custom maps.

Initially we plan to run DaveJ's maps (dust, cobble, tire & fact) 'cos they rock and everyone seems to like them.

However, we want more maps than that so here's your chance to change the world (or summit) - this is a Call For Votes.

Reply to this topic saying what custom maps or standard CS maps that aren't currently in the rotations you'd like to see on the server - any CS map goes as long as it isn't already in the map rotation.

Thanks, your vote counts :)

/GrannY

[This message has been edited by granny (edited 15 July 2000).]

Y

~YuckFou~

I've heard seen stuff about a map called de_terminal (I think). I've not played too many maps cus I don't do LANs, but I'm sure your experience will lead us the right way :)
There are some maps that I would like to see stay though... dust/siege/assault. PLEASE PLEASE get rid of 747!

Well thats my two small coins of the Queens realm worth :)

------------------
~YuckFou~

[This message has been edited by ~YuckFou~ (edited 17 July 2000).]

Y

~YuckFou~

PS.
Please also get rid of the as_ maps. :)

------------------
~YuckFou~

G

granny

Doh... no no no Yuck, we want suggestions for what maps to *add*, not which ones to take away ;)

With the increased number of servers BW have now you can always just go to another server when a map you don't like comes on.

Personally I think it's a mistake to take *any* of the default maps out of the cycle on the standard servers - there's always some people who like even the most unpopular maps. I'm hankering for de_railroad to return for instance ;)

/gr.

Y

~YuckFou~

I know :) I hate those as maps though!
Its probably hard for us to say which maps we would like because we haven't been able to play them. The custom maps already running on other servers are probably tried and tested. Could you not have a "feature map" each week, and if peeps like it keep it. So there is some rotation of maps on the server. Sorry I can't be of more help.
I'm kind of surprised by the apathy of others who have also been asking for some new maps :(

------------------
~YuckFou~

O

old.Ashes

I agree with Yuck, I think that the best way of getting custom maps onto the servers would be to post objective reviews of several maps on BW. We could then vote for/against them on a weekly/monthly basis.

Silly question: will you post the maps in a BW ftp area?!?!

As for removing maps - as much as I get narked at several maps I wouldn't remove any (Mr Nice BO)). I would genuinely welcome new maps, provided they are kept to one or two servers...

Bring 'em on!

------------------
Ashes.
Carpe Carbine

Y

~YuckFou~

Nice idea, post some screenies/reviews and lets have a vote :)

------------------
~YuckFou~

[This message has been edited by ~YuckFou~ (edited 18 July 2000).]

O

old.DAiSHi

please remove as_trinity as_forest from your map cycles.they are lame,the map maker should be abused with sharp sticks.
custom maps would be nice.how about a poll to vote on a map cycle???
demon servers suck, 20 minutes is way to short for a timelimit,30 is ok, but 45 would be better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom