Current State of DAoC

B

Brannor McThife

Ok. So I've been gone 2-3 Months. Yes yes, not long enough. :p

Anyway, I was interested in what the current state of DAoC was. Is Emain still zerged night after night? Do powerlevellers still infest every corner of every dungeon? Do Mids still camp Yar/Malm? Do Hibbies still camp the Fins? Do Albs, well...what do Albs do now? Do assassin classes still zerg and are all by default buffed to the teeth?

How is RvR? Do you still get a rush from stalking your prey? (Stealthers) Do you get a rush from taking undefended keeps? Or defending them with your 1FG against a Zerg?

Basically, has anything changed in the way you play the game over the last 3 months? What about events? I can't seem to find any posts about them. What ever happened at the end of that last event? Where some dungeons (Mid/Hib/Alb?) got infested.

Oh, and are there any Necromancers in RvR nowadays? :D

-G

K

klavrynd

nothing changes except the levels of frustration and boredom

A

Apathy

HOW DARE THEY NERF US FFS! WE NEED THAT DMG AND IT IS TOTALLY BALANCED!

I HATE YOU MYTHIC.

a.

K

klavrynd

the whining is pretty constant imo, no real change there

G

Gekul

All those negative points you mentioned.
Multiply them.

V

vindicat0r

I dont know if u wer taking the piss or being serious but everything that u just said happens at least to some degree

i.e Not all stealthers are buffd, pl'ers dont bother albs so much just those pesky ubah Necros :D

As for events, ther has been many Si raids in to all realms, the albs on excal have slain Apoc. Tbh I cant say about the other realms although I really shud go to the hib Si raids sometime :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Not vast amounts changed Brannor.

Since SI no new content, and I'm not aware of any coming unless I missed something in the patch notes (quite possible). Suspect Mythic beavering away on the big releases planned for later this year.

Since the goings on in Emain and other places revolve largely around human behaviour rather than game mechanics... not much change there either ;)

The only real change that is noticable is some of the more well known players moving on to other games. This summer will see some attrition of DAoC players. Planetside has been well received so far, and EvE has its fans.

The quality of flaming has dropped the last few months. No idea what caused that though :D

M

mirieth

nothing has changed, and doesn't look like it will in the foreseeable future. well, that's how it was a week ago :p

E

Easy

Originally posted by mirieth
nothing has changed, and doesn't look like it will in the foreseeable future.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
My thoughts exactly! ^_^

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Ok. So I've been gone 2-3 Months. Yes yes, not long enough. :p

Anyway, I was interested in what the current state of DAoC was. Is Emain still zerged night after night? Do powerlevellers still infest every corner of every dungeon? Do Mids still camp Yar/Malm? Do Hibbies still camp the Fins? Do Albs, well...what do Albs do now? Do assassin classes still zerg and are all by default buffed to the teeth?

How is RvR? Do you still get a rush from stalking your prey? (Stealthers) Do you get a rush from taking undefended keeps? Or defending them with your 1FG against a Zerg?

Basically, has anything changed in the way you play the game over the last 3 months? What about events? I can't seem to find any posts about them. What ever happened at the end of that last event? Where some dungeons (Mid/Hib/Alb?) got infested.

Oh, and are there any Necromancers in RvR nowadays? :D

-G

Hey Brannor =). Come into irc more my friend :p

What have you been up to?

C

Cavex ElSaviour

odins and HW has become somewhat more populated imho.

J

jonstone

The old rvr guilds have left their legacy, defined now by the new rvr groups. Prydwen, in emain at least, can now be defined by an attitude where there are certain players who only want to partake in fg versus fg fights. As such, for certain people, it can now take an hour or more to form the grp and the rest of the night to enjoy it. Personally I reckon its for the best, spend a while forming the grp then spend the rest of the time either killing everything or moaning about instawin and 2-3fg zergs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom