Help Ctrl = can't move? Bugging me :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
I just started DAoC again after a couple of years inactivity, I'm playing the trial with catacombs, and I use left control for vent. I can't move whilst I hold it, can I fix this? No smartass comments about changing my PTT button ;)

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
I think ctrl is the default mouselook modifier, try re-assigning it to a diff key in /keyboard

Afran

Part of the furniture
ctrl doesn't seem to be bound to anything, same problem :<

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I originally thought Ixnay suggestion would work but I think I have figured out something else it could be.

Ctrl (and also Alt) are the keys used for the second and third quickbars. (ie Ctrl + 1 is what in the first slot of your second quickbar). However they can also be used for quickbinds. So if you use W for forward if you push Ctrl+W daoc will think that corresponds to a different button.

So in order to solve your problem I believe you need to quickbind your movement to Ctrl+W, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+S, Ctrl+D as well as W,A,S,D. (assuming you use these to move). You should be able to do this using the /keyboard command as it allows you to set two buttons for movement etc. Of course it might be easier to change the PTT vent key OR you might be able to disable the second quickbar if you don't need it.

Hope this helps.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
remove the CTRL and ALT mofidiers from /keyboard

you're set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom