ctf rules

O

old.]IQS[proba

i just wanted to say that the 7sec respawn is not enough

it s advantage big time defensiv tactics.
U frag the defense and the time to get to the flag they just respawn in front of you so it s almost mission impossible to get back the flag out of the NMY base

my suggestion is to get respawn time at 12~15 sec to advantage offensive gameplay and not camper gameplay like so many UrT seems to use

adding ctf in ur league is a good choice but NOT with these settings so plz change it as soon as possible (and not next season)

i think a lot of clan think like me, so to add more fun u re league plz change that !

C

Crusader_

Whether 7 seconds is enough seems to vary alot from map to map, on some it is too short on others just right.

Having it a constant throughout every map helps people practice and get a "rhythm", and means every ctf game is played under identical "conditions".

We won't be changing any settings before next season unless there are exceptional circumstances, to insure all the games in all weeks are played under the same "conditions" apart from the map.

Attackers can actively do something about defenders that respawn quickly enough to attack them as they escape, but defenders respawning far too late can do very little if anything about attackers escaping. Thus the respawn time has to balance these situations across the maps used in the league, which makes it very hard to get right for every map.

The settings do still need some refinement but on the whole they have been positively received by the league, any further suggestions for changes are welcomed and are noted for discussion for the next season.

O

old.Chip

I would like to agree with Proba on that the respawn times should be higher ... last season i belive they where even lower ... and we had a really bad ctf game on sands i belive it was.
So incereasing the time to like 10 secs would be nice ... (12 - 15 would be overkill i think).
Another thing should be the punishment of using the /kill command ... but i gues that could be helped by increasing the respawn time too.

And now while we have this ctf thread open ...
I think that the way ut_dam was handled yesterday was very poorly.
We know that there is a lot of different spawns on maps .. and we know that sometimes when you start a map as ctf they become wrong.
When you tested the map where did you have your respawns ?
And why didnt our admin seem, "at first", to know where the correct respawns where ?
I said at fist, because when we wrote him that we thougth that the respawn sites we had where wrong, he wrote somthing about that he KNEW THAT but it didnt seem to matter to him.
:-/

One of the respawns in ut_dam respawns blue team directly at the red flag ... and the red team somewhere on one of the middle respawns of the map ... would the map have been replayed if we had played it that way ?

But again it would be fun to know where your respawns where at when you tested it .... because the admins can aparently decide that they should be somewhere else.

[HV]Chip - House Valhalla -

C

Crusader_

I think respawn times will need alot of playtesting to decide which value works best over the majority of maps. We'll be looking for community input on this and other settings for next season.

As for the dam issue, part of the problem was because we didn't inform the match admins what the problems were, as soon as we found out the possible issues. They were probably as lost as we were in the torrent of invective and as we were also trying to organise the division 2 games to follow and whether they were late, there was no clear response on what to do.

When we tested the maps, from what I remember, the red team spawned in the cafeteria and the blue team spawned at their flag. These spawns are slightly unbalanced in that they force one team to attack more to succeed, we felt at the time it wasn't too unbalanced.

O

old.Chip

When we tested it ... and we reloaded the map several times ..
The Blue team spawned on the oposite site of the cafeteria ON the Dam ..... And the Red team spawned at their flag ...
We felt that these spaws where unfair to the blue team because they did not spawn at their flag,but when we played it we got to se that the red team had 3 ways into their flag and blue team had only 2 .
that way the red team would have a harder time defending their flag ... because theres 3 ways to it .. and because that blue team spawns semi close to it.

When blue team spawns at their flag its is impossible to take ...
The "room" is Very small, and theres two doors witch you cant throw grenades throug because of the grenade / door bug .... blue team just have to close the door every time its opened ...
Maybe the designer took this into account and thats why blue team has to run a little to get to their flag .... because it is so easy to defend ...

"They were probably as lost as we were in the torrent of invective and as we were also trying to organise the division 2 games to follow and whether they were late, there was no clear response on what to do. "

We are sorry if we said some bad things to some of the admins.
(I think our responce was just to write an e-mail instead of flaming in the game and on irc).
But this just goes to show that there WAS a big problem, and when the responce was not clear from noone .. then the ctf should have been prosponed or replayed or replayd on an entreily different map .....

To me it seems now that the dessition not to replay was made to protect the admins ... just because they where not informed .. :-(

E

Excess1on

:/

Ok, just to set the record straight, last season, respawn time for CTF was 10 seconds, and lots of peeps moaned saying it was too long, now peeps are moaning saying 7 seconds is too short :/

D

Delph

moans good. makes for a healthy forum i feel. (doubt you'd get many people posting what a good job on here at this rate)

O

old.bevy

geee

12 to 15 seconds??

is that so they can go make a nice brew come back and sit down just in time to see you cap the flag..thats wayyyyy 2 long..

i think 7 seconds is spot on..
plenty off time :clap:

S

ST8

ive gotta agree with bevy 7 is just about spot on atm

Users who are viewing this thread