CTF in the league?

O

old.Epoch

Do you have to its pants?

Pure TS would be superb

:)
The clan im involved with missed this season. We formed when BW was down and i dont think any of us realised a league was up and running yet.
We arent ready anyway....

My only prob is CTF is pants!
Why is it set as a mode in the league?

:)
hehe sorry just my opinion an im nobody.
(its still big saggy granny bloomers though)

S

show

well id put money on your clan never having played ctf as a clan.
probably just by yourself on a public server.
Not a single clan that moaned about CTF and C+H has said they were completely right about their opinions after playing it in the league.
Some clans thanked us for forcing such a thing on them as they didnt realise how much fun it was and how challenging they found it.

The best match ive ever played in was in week 2 and it was CTF on pressurezone- although i already thought ctf was the best game mode from public server play, i didnt think ctf in the league would turn out at all good, because its not exactly ready for such competing.

BTW
When was BW down ?

O

old.Epoch

Recently (abouta month an half) all the websites wernt workin

Your prob right about CTF

It just seems strange to have different modes of play in the league.

Ill prob see the light when we play clan v clan

S

ST8

sigh

how fkin boring would a league of plain ts be. You obviously dont play ctf enough Epoch. Coming from a q3f background which is based on ctf, i think ctf is a great game mode.

I certainly dont wanna play ts on every map every week, would bore me to death :( The other game modes give the game some variety.

O

old.Baston

You should have TS league and a CTF league... give people a choice. I personally do not like playing CTF.

I am not saying you should having it, but mixing the two is not only unorthodox (despite its innovativeness) but not right for clans who prefer TS.

I hope next "season" there will be some changes to this league.

S

show

Yeh well i have this feeling that after this season most of the admins regret ever being part of just this league let alone two.

I dont think there are anywhere near enough stable/mature clans for us to have TWO leagues for urbanterror. Even the top clans who have been around since beta 1 have shown that they are incapable of playing in a league and are only fit for crappy ladders.

O

old.Baston

Well in that respects having ctf was a bad mistake.

Can it imho, and stick with TS.

O

old.Anime

yeah, either 2 leagues so people can have a choice
or TS only, if u think there arent enuf clans willing to compete for 2 leagues

i have played several clanwars in ctf mode
and i think its not the way to play urban terror
and most people agree, since there are way more people playin ts on publics than ctf

personally i love q3ctf, and its lots of fun
but q3ut2ctf... no thx

O

old.MadMolio

not my fav either :puke:CTF, altho we have some fans of it in the clan :D

but I wouldn't mind playin some follow the leader instead :p

E

Excess1on

ok

one problem with FTL is that most peeps just treat it as TS, they dont care who the leader is, they dont try and protect him, they dont even try and get him to the flag, they just try and win by killing all the opposing team.

so if we did use FTL instead of CTF in the league, we might as well just say bllx to it, and have it all TS.

one thing about season 1 that actually went well was the CTF matches, even clans that had said they didnt like CTF played some good games and enjoyed it.

D

Delph

CTF is good

Anyone who says CTF is bad needs a lesson in good ctf games. Clearly you've only had time spent on a public server where you know no-one and everyone plays it like DM.

a good game of CTF where people actually play the game properly is excellent. As you said you didn't play in the league last time - if you had you would have enjoyed it - play it before you bin it... its the same as anime and her maps - just because everyone plays TS doesn't mean other gamemodes aren't equally good, if not better.

S

show

yeh my opinion too.

You want dedicated ts and dedicated ctf instead of a mixed one.
the problem is that we dont even have enough admins for the mixed one, and im not even sure its possible to get anymore servers for different nights.

Perhaps if there were more admins next time round (Season 3) excession will be able to trust another admin enough and have the resources/admin numbers to be able to split the league up into two.

Theres a big HINT here. Id hate to thing that there are people here that cant spot it :/

O

old.Steuk

it's good that c+h is gone. that sucked. ctf is nice to play, also on cw. dedicated leagues is ok too but you have to have the ppl for it. I think that Season II will have some great fights & let's hope that it's as exciting as last year (EvilEdit: with the same winners ofcoz :upyours: )

D

Delph

Originally posted by ShoW
yeh my opinion too.
Theres a big HINT here. Id hate to thing that there are people here that cant spot it :/

:touch: hint noticed... you want more money right?

D

Delph

but i'd never trust me with the other thing you're hinting. who knows, i might even end up liking it...

O

old.T120N

Lets hope that Clans turn up this year.

And why is ISS in Division 3 - I dunno, bleedin terrible.

Any Clans want a friendly ?

-------------------------------------------------->

O

old.T120N

We were

Arrr We used to be mates SHoW but now its over..

I am moving my stuff out...

and you can keep the cat I never liked it anyway, bleedin pissed everywhere.

And just you remember Ive got those pictures of you..

Yes, so watch ya lips

O

old.bevy

I like CTF, its good fun...
I agree, if the clan is good enough they should be sh*t hot at TS and KTF

KTF shows clans that can work together as a team DEF and ATTACK

but, maybe rather than the points being shared on a drawn game. the clan with the most frags could take a bonus point.
this would keep people on their toes..

well its only a thought:m00:

laters *ISS*Bevy{i am the bevy please drink from my lake of gin}:puke:

ps.. we r not crap, were just a bit brown around the edges;)

Users who are viewing this thread