CT Scan

Laddey

FH is my second home
I have no idea about this.

Does a CT scan tell you if your skull is fractured or not?

Thanks

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
The answer is "A CT scan can help a doctor decide if you have a fractured skull or not".

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
a ct scan is used for imaging tissue not bone... that's what an x-ray is for.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Thanks for the simple answers!

Googled it before i posted, but its so much easier getting a simple answer like DocWolfe gave, thxxx!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I had to have aone a couple of years ago and it was OK, you have to wear this storm trooper helmet and lay really still and it's quite loud in there but it is alright.

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
I had to have aone a couple of years ago and it was OK, you have to wear this storm trooper helmet and lay really still and it's quite loud in there but it is alright.

That sounds more like an MRI scan to me :) They dont usually use the stormtrooper approach with the CT in my experience. CT's are a lot quieter.

:D

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I've had a CT scan and it was nothing like you described Ez :D

It's more like you're on this huge penis and you penetrate an even bigger vagina! Not as wet tho..

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Do you call every giant hole a "vagina"? I can imagine you hanging around with ye friends... *points* "lol vagina" at everything

soo, wanna hang out sum time Cokenoze?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
...I could be wrong, it was a brain scan so not sure what that is when reduced to initial letters lol, I did have to fight the urge to question the nurses about the whereabouts of their droids while getting it done tbh.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
...i could be wrong, it was a brain scan so not sure what that is when reduced to initial letters lol, i did have to fight the urge to question the nurses about the whereabouts of their droids while getting it done tbh.
mri?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture

MRI and CT scan machines are very similar in design, both involve being placed inside a giant doughnut shaped machine.

CT scans use x-rays to generate the image whereas a MRI scan uses radio waves. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but they are used for similar things. I would have thought for a brain scan it would have been an MRI scan.

I've had an MRI scan myself and I have to say it was very hard to remain perfectly still for 20 minutes while the scan was conducted not including the loud banging noise that the machine produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom