CS V1

O

old.MeddlE

Beta 8 is the version shipping in the box.

E

Embattle

lol - Shipping a beta, perhaps it will be called version 1 :)

O

old.DynamoUK

Um yes, that's the entire point. Beta 8 will be called v1.0 or whatever.

that's how beta testing works.

Dynamo

E

Embattle

No, you have the last beta and then V1.0 but it seems that because of Valve its gonna lose beta8 which now becomes V1.0.

Not thats theres really any thing worng with beta 7.1 so I don't see why not :)

O

old.MeddlE

Christ, the amount of people that whinge and whine at the moment, while it's a beta. Think what'll happen if it becomes v1.0 final release, and then still gets patched. They'll feel that they have a right to complain as it's been RELEASED.

Goddamnit, just play it, enjoy it, shoot the enemy, rescue the hostages, plant the bombs. It's only a game.

Now where did I leave my P90?

E

Embattle

Originally posted by MeddlE
Christ, the amount of people that whinge and whine at the moment, while it's a beta.

I'm not :)

O

old.MeddlE

For once Emb, I wasn't saying that you were. But there are a lot of whingers out there. While it's a beta the standard reply is "Well, it's a beta. If you are using it, that makes you a beta tester, so don't whinge, indicate the problem."

Once it's a full release they'll feel they have a right to whinge as it's a 'released' product. Oh well.

E

Embattle

They always moan with a new beta release, if they played as much as they moaned perhaps they would master the changes :)

O

old.DynamoUK

beta's don't work by going up to .99 and then v1 is the release. It's not like that.

they decide when it's ready, and from then on the next version is 1.0

I've seen games release at 1.01 which meant they went gold, realised they had a little problem, patched and then the next shipment were the .01 version.

Game seems perfectly ready to ship, and more stable than a lot of releases out there.

I love it to bits, hope they get rich

Dynamo

E

Embattle

Originally posted by DynamoUK
beta's don't work by going up to .99 and then v1 is the release. It's not like that.

I didn't say it was, but its clear that even if I use a digger to get what I mean into you it still won't work :p

O

old.ED209

i foresee the AK's power being reduced or becoming more expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom