Cs:s

Will

/bin/su
Wow, they've replaced the Auto-shottie as the n00b gun? How things have changed.

What happened to all the talk of riot shields? I'm sure I've seen them, but they aren't in Source.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
No riot shields. Generally speaking, source is fucking great mate, its everything I want from a game, to the fact where I only play source and a bit of AA, no other games are even installed.
Regular CS isnt even installed :)
All I would say, as Im sure you know, you do need a good pc to get the best out of it, without turning all the settings right down.
This game has cost me £40 to buy.
Then about £300 for a A64-3500.
Another £300 odd for a 6800GT.
Eeek :)

Will

/bin/su
Seems to run ok with my XP2000+ and a GF4 Ti4600. Only at 1024 with no AA, but I'm happy for now.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Thats the beauty of it though , you can change settings to suit yourself.
As you may have noticed, I like everything about it ...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The Scout is also quite deadly if you know how to use it properly...

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Hit reg and bullet damage is still gay though tbpfh. Recoil doesn't follow any known laws of physics, and I managed to do 5 damage to someone at point blank range with a Galil yesterday.
And I must ask how it is only possible to land 1 bullet out of 3 round burst with the FAMAS at medium range on a stationary target whilst crouched.

And for some reason I get a jerky game, like I've got lag, even though netgraph is behaving itself.

Apart from that its ok, although I get the feeling they've noobed it a bit for the mass market so that Johnny-spray-and-pray doesn't get owned so much. Waiting for DoD though :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
People who miss ALWAYS say the reg and bullet damage is fucked ;)

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
So, I've got broadband now....is this game any good? :)

I never played the original CS, I only started playing CS:S one day when I'd finished Half-Life 2 and got bored. For those uninitiated with the original CS it was a steep but thankfully short learning curve and reminded me of my first days using Quake 2.

I like the game, but considering what the game engine is capable of I felt cheated by the lack of real world effects that would have been so easy to do, for example; I'd have thought putting a shotgun at almost point blank into someone's chest would not only seriously injure them but put their aim off a bit by knocking them backwards a few metres, all I seem to get in return is a well-placed bullet in the head from someone who felt like they'd been bitten by a flea.

I've often complained about the poor hit locations, and I've had my share of flukey headshots in my favour to consider its all down to my lack of skillz. I have an ATi 9800 Pro now and it doesn't seem to have made much difference.

I've gone back to 'Nam for my second "tour of duty" anyway :)

Funkybunny

Banned
xane I like the game said:
tbh if someone shoots you on close range with a shotty you dont "fly" backwards... i can find the link where that is scientificly proven that ppl flying from shotty... = bullshit and made up by the movie industry....

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Fair point, but I don't expect someone to be able to aim correctly either.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
People who miss ALWAYS say the reg and bullet damage is fucked ;)

The converse of what I said is also true, I've shot people whilst not actually aiming at them. Doesn't happen nearly as often as I "miss" though. It seems that the bullet cloud theory that was proved in 1.3 (I think) is still in operation unfortunately.

PS: You're a shit tbh Throddy ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Throd where u playing on uk}{uk clan server last night?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I was mate, what a server, I hate them sound plug-ins :)
Mind you, I was pissed too ... :)

Calaen

Thought it was you, didnt realise till i killed you tho ;-)

if you type quake in console it disables the sounds, usually get a good bunch off people on the server.

Anyway maybe well meet again :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Oo, sounds like a challenge ;) Anytime mate, Ill prolly go on there tonight ...

Calaen

couldnt get on last night but will be around tonight no doubt for some abusing.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Dunno, Ill paste it tonight if I can remember / cba. If you're in irc my away thing will spam the ip anyway. :)

Calaen

Server IP is 83.142.52.8:28015

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
That server is full of *****. The admins are good lads but the majority of the players are tits.

Get over 10 kills and they accuse you of being a hax0rer.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Trem said:
That server is full of *****. The admins are good lads but the majority of the players are tits.

Get over 10 kills and they accuse you of being a hax0rer.

Lucky for you it's 10 kills then, not 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom