CS or not for a NS?

f1sty

Fledgling Freddie
Im thinking of speccing out of CS and putting points into CD. What do you think, good or bad idea? :)

Personally I think my dmg output will be a lot greater.

If any NS got any comments, would be cool.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
If you respecced CS to CD you would lose garrote with snare, which is very useful, but apart from that it might be ok. Afterall, 90% of fighting done is with other stealthers anyways, so you dont get to use PA, backstab etc, so you wouldnt need CS spec and high CD is more useful in this instance. Although if u see a solo mage/tank/wotever, then PA and follow up is handy for both damage and the stun.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a big fan of PA and all that but lately i've been getting bored with PA as it really isn't that impressive dmg if you ask me.... when i first stated out 800dmg wasn't all that uncommon but since SC it have dropped to just around 400 which imo isn't what i would expect from what i understood as being the style with highest dmg....Could ofc been informed wrong on that :)

f1sty

Fledgling Freddie
Aybabtu said:
I'm a big fan of PA and all that but lately i've been getting bored with PA as it really isn't that impressive dmg if you ask me.... when i first stated out 800dmg wasn't all that uncommon but since SC it have dropped to just around 400 which imo isn't what i would expect from what i understood as being the style with highest dmg....Could ofc been informed wrong on that :)

hehe your an inf though, you get 2.5 spec points which is loads :)

Ah to get 2.5 spec points as NS now that would be v nice.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
f1sty said:
hehe your an inf though, you get 2.5 spec points which is loads :)

Ah to get 2.5 spec points as NS now that would be v nice.

Indeed, but you got the ubah dds :p

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Spankya said:
If you respecced CS to CD you would lose garrote with snare, which is very useful, but apart from that it might be ok. Afterall, 90% of fighting done is with other stealthers anyways, so you dont get to use PA, backstab etc, so you wouldnt need CS spec and high CD is more useful in this instance. Although if u see a solo mage/tank/wotever, then PA and follow up is handy for both damage and the stun.

Only the non-skilled assasins miss their PA/BS2 on other stealthers :fluffle:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
sooner or later non CS specs will be nerfed.

atm non CS has been highly fotm amoung inf for about about at least a year... and its becoming more and more fotm for NS.

reason. It pwns.

f1sty

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
sooner or later non CS specs will be nerfed.

atm non CS has been highly fotm amoung inf for about about at least a year... and its becoming more and more fotm for NS.

reason. It pwns.
Tbh i didnt know if was fotm, I just sat down and did some maths :)

Ive been looking into the calculations for off hand swing %s etc. It dont take einstein to realise that no CS high CD = wtfpwn :)

So Im probably gonna go ahead with it. I mean after all, how many times does a stealther land a PA on another stealther. Though I landed it on dafft and kicked his ass last time I met him in DF with 3 of his infiltrator mates :eek2:

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
High CD over CS certainly is viable and some mean damage.
and the Atlantis boosts now availible also favor CD specs.

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
CS or not

I do not really claim to know anything this is just what i have learned after talking things over with a few rr8-10 shades from the US servers.

As it is now all you need is CS 34 there is no need to go higher the style damage variance between 34 and 44 was ca 3%
and thats quite a bunch of extra spec points for CD/DW

Now u can start flameing me if u wanna :) I just figure Kathera and Coven knew what they were talking about :touch:

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Neo said:
Only the non-skilled assasins miss their PA/BS2 on other stealthers :fluffle:

Well I used to play 2 NS's, one was RR7, the other RR4, and even with 51 stealth, most of the time I couldnt land PA on someone with 50+ stealth.. as soon as u see them, they see u, and most of the time they try to hit u with garrotte or something. If its someone with 40-48 stealth, then yeah its easy enough to backstab or PA em.

And Ziz, I reckon 34CS is plenty too, and gives u some points for CD. Maybe 50 pierce/blades, 34 stealth, 34 CS, 30 env, 25 CD. +11 CD from kit, +RR, +dualist reflexes 2 is like 50 CD at RR9. Obviously only a hardcore player would get a NS to RR9 though ;)

Nemue

Fledgling Freddie
With the current implementation of Stealthlore u definatly want atleast 34CS for creeping death, the creeping death stun is _the_ winner atm.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
never had a problem landing PA on another stealther, it's all about reactions. Landed PA on RR8 Infil nps while running around with 49 stealth last time I took Kicks out for a run.

The only issue is avoiding the PA's from his 3-5 mates :(

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
its not hard to land a PA on another stealther, its surviving the 3-4 pa's from his m8s while your trying to kill him thats the difficult one, but, at rr9 like spank said, u wouldnt need 34 in stealth or env, so u would have even more points :p

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Healer McHeal said:
its not hard to land a PA on another stealther, its surviving the 3-4 pa's from his m8s while your trying to kill him thats the difficult one, but, at rr9 like spank said, u wouldnt need 34 in stealth or env, so u would have even more points :p

lol true, I didnt think that 1 through :p could go for less stealth, but u would be a bit gimped til RR6, unless u respec at later lvls to 30 stealth, 30 envenom(for lifebain at RR10 as if u r gonna get to RR10)

Healer u still playing mate? Aint seen u for ages!

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Spankya said:
lol true, I didnt think that 1 through :p could go for less stealth, but u would be a bit gimped til RR6, unless u respec at later lvls to 30 stealth, 30 envenom(for lifebain at RR10 as if u r gonna get to RR10)

Healer u still playing mate? Aint seen u for ages!

yeh, im still playing :), been obliterating stuff in BG with my bm :D, hehe, but my NS is rr7 now, well, my OLD ns, not mine now :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom