CS or LW Hero?

B

bibobobo

Okay im about to start a Firbolg Hero on Excalibur, and i want to do as much damage as possible. Now, i think the way to do this is to become a CS hero and max out cs and parry ASAP. But when i looked at the disadvantage of thrusting and compared it to the advantage of having Blunt and Slash in LW, i became confused. I also thought about speed of attacks and other factors.

Could as many people as possible please give their thoughts on what i should do. And if anyone reckons i could do the most damage with a shield, or has any ideas i havent mentioned, by all means say so. Please help as im undecided at the moment.

Thanks Alot
Bibobobo

T

tulleh

i would also like to know this
ty for any response

S

SingerOfSoul

50LW 50Shield 28parry. Nuff' said as final spec

B

bibobobo

right ive never played the game before so this is kind of a guess but:

LW is 2 handed right? so u cant use a shield with it, so is the training in the shield to learn the skills which come with the shield?

i would be grateful if someone could clarify cos im a little confused

Ty

Bibobobo

Y

Yuffy

42 shield, for slam (6 sec stun),

50 lw, rest parry.

T

tonita

stun's 9sec stun? :D

Slam
Shields - available at spec level 42
Opening: None
Fatigue used: Very High
Bonus damage: Medium
Special: Stunned

Stuns the target for a brief period of time.
Resist type: N/A
Duration: 9 seconds

S

SingerOfSoul

no no no you dont have shield just for slam, 50 shield is noticeably a helluva better guard than 42 shield, and you will need a better guard more than a few more points in parry

O

old.Lianuchta

Hmm I thought the standard spec was something like 50LW/CS 42 Shield 34/39 Blunt/Blades rest parry. I remember reading somewhere that your weaponskill when you equip your shield determines miss rate with your shield as well as the weapon.

As for Lw vs CS. Thrust gets bonuses against most support classes, as they wear chain. LW however has Anhilhation which is one of the easier to pull off 9s stuns.

O

old.Xanthian

50 LW
42 Shield
39 Blade/Blunt/Pierce
rest parry

If your gonna parry in rvr your fighting the wrong ppl.
Higher 1H spec will help when u are guarding sum1 and trying to deal a reasonable ammount of damage too, and when your fighting a grp with 6sec pbt and LW just isnt going to hit :p

T

tulleh

Hmm, i think the general feel is that you should go LW and train in hero to get the appropriate abilities like Stun.

So i think you should go:

50 LW
42 Shield
and the rest shared between Parry Blade

Can somoene comment on this to see if im right or not

M

mele

50 LW
42 Shield
39 thrust rest parry

50 CS
50 Shield
28 Blunt / slash
rest parry

M

mele

i mean 50 lw 42 shield and 39 pierce just cause lw use blunt and slash...and also pierce is a fast weapon and i like em as 2nd kind of dmg for a tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom