CS Beta7.0 = An update

S

SAS

I'm battered. My mind has melted, and my stomach is screaming for food...

Since the release of beta7 I've had to put up with a corrupt file on the bw ftp (we pulled it as soon as it was confirmed.). Myself and drchris tried to upload replacements (I spent hours trying 4 different patches. Uploading then downloading them to make sure they would worked), as did chris. In the end it was the BW ftp server that caused the problem (It is offline now while it's repaired). Sorry if you tried to download the file and found it corrupted :(.

After that I found out this morning CS servers everywhere (not just BW) would not change maps. The mp_timelimit command was not working right. I spend a few hours trying to suss it out and thanks to rogue1's help solved it. Gooseman popped online and he gave out 2 fixes. Second one worked and should be out for download on the counter-strike.net web site tonight / tomorrow morning.

Day ended 8pm :(

I posted this because a few people kept having a go at me via irc. Ok the file was corrupted, but I tried my best to fix it. Also after today the CS servers now have a new patch which will fix the annoying map change problem. Thanks to the guys who popped into #barrysworld and let me know of the problems :)

/me goes to lie down

------------------
Posted by S.A.S
http://guides.barrysworld.com

O

old.Kez

I love joo scott, ever the optimist thingiemehjig, always working ;)

O

old.ED209

oh but beta 7 is so very very sweet.

[This message has been edited by ED209 (edited 28 August 2000).]

Y

~YuckFou~

/me strokes SAS to help him chill :)

(not in the biblical sense you understand, ewwww)

------------------
~YuckFou~

[This message has been edited by ~YuckFou~ (edited 28 August 2000).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom