Cs 1st Round Bug

O

old.banner

hmm

ever since 1.3 came out i've been missing first rounds and its annoying. i sometimes get to play first round, and sometimes i don;t

i have a cable modem

and a p2 400 128 ram

but i feel that it is not my pc stopping me from joining first rounds!

i have proof because a person suffering the same fate had 2 identical pc's and when joining 1 got to play first round, adn not the other!

As i enter a server i'm usually in resonable fast into the game
however since 1.3 i don't get to play first rounds even though entering befor the buy time ends!!!!!

ppl who join after me, get to play!!!!!

and its really annoying as pistol is a really good round!

any help would be much apreciated as jolt are a joke

banner

C

cenobite

Well it was actually worse in cs1.1 as the first person into the server was free to run straight at the other spawn point and blast away at peoples heads whilst they spawned. 1.3 waits until at least 1 person is in each team then re-starts.

I am usually first on server which is probably due to the Cable Modem + SCSI160 Drive :) mm

Unfortunately in this case I think it is your system :/

A

-AP-

Maybe an extra 128mb - very cheap right now. Get some!! :)

W

Will

Yeah - I always start first or second when playing - I've got a cable modem and an unexceptional PC (Duron 800, Radeon 32 DDR, 512 MB Ram) - I guess it must be the ram that swings it;)

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Allways in first:)

It was rare when i was beaten on my old isdn too.

Kinda love it personaly, allways get to defend the flag from the lame rush and cap before the team is in place:)

The amount of times iv'e killed these people, only to see them drop for the server after 2 attempts of failure:)

O

old.Fatal Exeption

Try deleting your custom.hpk, its the file that holds all the player decals you have collected. it worked for me :D

W

Will

Now that I think about it, maybe the fact there is only about half a mile between me and the cable head-end helps to improve speed.:D

O

old.banner

thanks for ur support ppl but it leads my back to my pc being to slow :( which yeah it is kinda but read this

*part of quote*

--Twisted--
Posted On 10/08/01 04:47PM
What I can say is that I have the same CPU, RAM and Vidcard as my mate, we both have the same type of NTL connection I can even see his house from here.

Now he has always made 1st round, but for the 1st few weeks on BAGOM I could never get in.

i really don;t think its my pc as im designated a team befor otehr ppl have joined in the map, and i don;t get to play!

anything else?

banner

O

old.Jas

I think its prolly HD and connection speed that means the most. Like the other guys my SCSI's and ADSL mean that I am usually in first or second.

After that its prolly RAM, this costs jack all atm - so stock up (768mb of PC800 here). Try here - http://www.scan.co.uk/memory.htm

Failling that just try closing as much as poss in windows b4 you start the game.

O

old.banner

hmmm

also i enter the round and have choosen a team before the "alright lets move out" sound wave plays

the buy time isn;t even over and i don;t get to playy :mad:

O

old.dozza

640meg ram, 800MHz athlon, geoforce 1, 33.6k modem (just upgraded to cable tho) - I was always 1st or 2nd in maps with this setup ;-)

T

throdgrain

ok i got a 1 gig processor (p3 naturally lol) with isdn.my m8's got a 550 processor with cable.we both got loads of ram.we both got the same video cards.
who get's there first? i do.why? well i guess his pc takes longer to errrr process everthing.:)

P

Perplex

Originally posted by throdgrain
ok i got a 1 gig processor (p3 naturally lol) with isdn.my m8's got a 550 processor with cable.we both got loads of ram.we both got the same video cards.
who get's there first? i do.why? well i guess his pc takes longer to errrr process everthing.:)

correctamundo :)

O

old.banner

hmm
i have the same pc as my m8
same connection
he has better graphics card (which has nothign to do with loading a map? i should think unless its screwy)
he gets to play i don;t

:(

+ i do get in befor some ppl and don;t get to play, even though ppl who join after me do get to play :mad:

and i find in the 1st round i can;t swop teams when dead, can someone do an experiment, if you get into first round try cahnging to the otehr team and see if it will let you for me please

S

ShockingAlberto

if you think this is bad, try TFC. it takes over a minute to join a team sometimes. you'll sit there, in unassigned, and it just wont let you join a team. its increadably frustrating, and makes your problems with cs look very small

A

-AP-

Well i always get on first so i don't care.

The "round draw" thing is getting annoying

C

Ch3tan

I have a p3 600, 384meg ram and a standard HD ( dell system).

I put in a geforce 2 gts and got a cable modem, and a SB live 5.1.

Now when I was a hpb my load times were okay. Went to cable and got in before most people, upped my ram and gfx as well and quite often one the first round before anyone else joined.

I am hardly ever beaten into a server now, and my HD is pretty standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom