CS 1.6 What the FOOOK

W

wazmeister

This was a surprise......

Just popped up outta nowhere..
Only problem is I am confused....

No news.. (apart from fileplanet), no warnings or nowt....

Another thing I am confused on is its no more CLIENT stuff or crap?!?!?
We gotta use steam, so what do we do?

Do we download the steam 400mb thing and run it and it download CS 1.6 and HL 1.2 to our HDS to play on barrysworld severs???

I confused.

T

Tom

The steam 400mb thing file contains cs1.6, so you don't have to dl the entire thing. Steam will do some downloading, probably pr0n of some description (thats why its so slow, its checking out the action), but it worked for me earlier today (albeit slowly)

W

wazmeister

So once I got that 400 mb thing i install CS 1.6 to my HD and then it may download a few things and then i can go and play in barrsyworld servers via ASE?

T

throdgrain

Yes, assuming the steam auth servers are working , which most of the time they aern't :/
Install the 400mb file, and if it wont connect you dont freak out, just turn it off and try again later. Its not you're problem, its thiers.

C

Ch3tan

1.6 and steam have been in beta testing for 6 months or so now I believe. There has been lots of news about it on all the major CS sites.

the huge steam installer is the way to go. Make sure you get your e-mail address right and dont re-register with the same cd-key, trust me on this one :/

M

Maljonic

Oh NO OH NO OH NO, I'M FREEEEEEEKIIING OUUUT! I want 1.6 now! Otherwise I can't play cs with throddy and that.....

L

leggy

I wouldnt worry too much about it at this stage. The new patch has pretty much turned the game into a spazfest and steam is a frightening joke atm.

I'd wait a few months :)

M

mank!

At least all the insanity regarding steam will take the pressure of "WHEN IS HL2 COMING OUT?" off Valve/Sierra/Whoever the fuck.

M

Maljonic

all part of their master plan I'm sure... erm, yar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom