*cry* Gary 1: RIP

Ezteq

Queen of OT
He was a good snail, a kind and gentle snail...

Actually in all seriousness (yes you are probably going oh ffs Ez get a grip!) I did cry my eyes out, I've had the Garys for about 6 years, since they were babies, and they are my oldest pets. It looked like Gary 2 was a goner also but I did lots of snail CPR and he is recovering well and currently eating a leaf.

It's shit when anyone you care about dies, this is the first one at HQ and I was all on my own sat there in the middle of the lounge cradling a snail and bawling like a baby :(

Does anyone know if you can put young giant african land snails in with bigger ones or do they just eat them? Have to go to the pet store next week and (unless G1 is faking it...which is highly unlikely) I might go get a new buddy for G2.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Mad as a sack of ferrets, bless. :D

Rest in Peace Gary!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have a marinade that goes well with snail!

srsly though, I feel for you. I thought giant snails lived to be like 50 though? 0o

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ha 50?? I wish, I was told about 9 or 10 yrs. I love them they are soo cute, and really quite interesting to watch. G2 has retreated back into his shell, he is probably sick of me coming and checking he is still alive every 2 minutes.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol, cute and character too! I'm sorry for your loss.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
RIP Gary1

I imagine snail heaven is kinda damp and filled with mountains of lettuce.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I've had a word with the lads on camp and everyone's agreed to extend full military honours to him :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol 21 gun salute, I can just picture G2 out poking about the tank (which I have now rigged up with central heating...well I propped a microwavable heat pad against the side) and the guns going off and him going (ok how to I type the noise a snail makes when it squishes back into its shell at high speed?) *schloooop* and maybe sticking an eye stalk out 5 mins later to see if it's safe to come out.

Thank you for the sympathies guys, G1 is still dead and so I think I may take him out and bury him in the front yard in a bit :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
...ok this is really stupid fgs, I can't bury him outside because he'll be 1) all alone out there and an animal might get at him and 2) it's really cold.

I might bury him in my Yukka plant in the kitchen. It's so frigging hard being me!!!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
my two former housemates (both girls, sentimental and a bit drunk) once found a dead mouse in our house and decided the only humane way to dispose of its wee body was to put it in a takeaway box and set fire to it in the alley near our house...

i was not amused when i finished pee'ing to find my food on a dirty plate and my takeaway box gone!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Sorry to hear the bad news about G1. May he be in snail heaven now, munching salad and dancing on razor blades all day long. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom