Crush merc...

Arcee

Loyal Freddie
Anyone play a crush merc? What are they like to play? Was thinking about making a merc but not sure if i should go Slash or Crush + what race?

Was thinking H/O Crush...

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
H/O is new merc fotm indeed =P

slash/crush both should result in same weaponskill (both on strenght), only thing differs is dmg type on armours, just google for some info tables. Other than that, slash gives amythyst / diamon slash (good anytime), where crush is more after things, and position based.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Both are good, depends on what you want to kill fast really(hate savages=slash, hate bms/bards=crush :p ), 1.69=crush battler/malice whenever that's out i do not know but been both specs and didn't notice too much difference though crush has a nice 5-6s stun whereas slash has backslash which makes up for lack of decent backstyle in DW line.

Arcee

Loyal Freddie
Got a question

Anyone know how many autotrain points will be in slash if i dont train in slash until 40?

Also, if i respec at 40 to wipe my points away from crush, and then train at 50 into clash - will i get autotrained in slash?

My Merc is 39 atm.

Also, does anyone have a classic SI template with no artifacts? Easy to get items, SCed weapons etc. Not really in the mood for artifact/scroll hunting again :(

Cheers.

Sepiritz

Fledgling Freddie
Arcee said:
Got a question

Anyone know how many autotrain points will be in slash if i dont train in slash until 40?

Also, if i respec at 40 to wipe my points away from crush, and then train at 50 into clash - will i get autotrained in slash?

My Merc is 39 atm.

Also, does anyone have a classic SI template with no artifacts? Easy to get items, SCed weapons etc. Not really in the mood for artifact/scroll hunting again :(

Cheers.

at full autotrain (48) you will get 12, is all I know..

Im not sure what you mean, but if you strip your points at 40, but dont put anything in slash until you have finished autotraining at 48, you will get full autotrain (12 spec), yes.
Though if you did /level 20 to make your merc, you wont be able to autotrain.
The second you put points into slash, you lose your future autotrained levels.

As for HO Crush Merc, yes, its alot of fun and they do great damage.
I enjoy mine alot. Good dmg, good hp, good armor, cheap RA's and good free abilities. Only thing thats lacking is ranged attacks (short bow is a bit lacking when chasing someone and for interrupts) and defense. No shield makes a big difference from other tanks.

As for damage, with a DS (50 dw spec) attack, on a shadowblade or some other soft target i normally do about:
Hammer: 350 (cap 403)
Mace: 140
Bleed: 26
And on top of that crits and procs.
Thats with 4.2 spd mainhand, 3.5 spd offhand.
10% toa melee speed bonus.
And full buffs ofcourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom