crusader kings 2..

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Is it any good? I like the paradox stuff as well usually, but never really got into Victoria 2 (although I do keep dipping my toes)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
havent got round to grabbing it yet- there is a demo out on steam though, tis rather good

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
got it now will try and have patience enough to go thro the tutorial at some point

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
haha what an intriguing little game.

feels a bit like being in the middle of a medieval soap opera sometimes with all the intrigue and stuff going on

decided on first go to just take the plunge as King Harold, quickly realised I had no chance of holding of the norwegians at Stamford Bridge and William down south so surrendered the crown to the norwegians (sooner have skandis in charge rather than the french) and then back them up when they marched south to defeat William.

then just waited for someone to try and kick the norwegians out.

which worked perfectly as the lancastrians did just that, so i piled in and beseiged some lands and with the aid of some flemish mercenaries crushed the norwegian army that tried to push back. Unfortunately I took a wound in that battle, and died 3 months later at the siege of thetford as the war was swinging our way.

Which was when things got reallly confusing, I switched to controlling my son, who it turns out was secretly on the norwegian side (maybe it was me arranging a marriage witth a 5 year old that pissed him off hah), so now im on the losing side and fighting against the mercenaries I'd earlier hired to get my own lands back.....

confused but entertained :)

Uara

Part of the furniture
Just bought it this evening. Shame I've got work tomorrow morning so I can't have a long session. Going to give the tutorials a look this evening, quite like the fact that it can link you to wikipedia if there are real life characters you have in game.

Uara

Part of the furniture
So I started a game as the Earl of Shrewsbury in 1066. Decided not to get involved in the big old fight between Harold, Harald and William...my liege lord gave me Gloucester and Leicester as well, three counties isn't too bad. So I started to have a look see if there is anythign to grab. Tried to grab gwent but met some unexpected resistance after I fabricated claim. So currently I'm imprisoned and one of my council members is sat as regent. I hate to think what shit is going to go down when i finally get released and see if my regent gives up control so easily.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i feel a multiplayer game one wet saturday imo!

Helme

Resident Freddy
Been toying around with this for a few days now, and first impressions are that it's promising. But like any Paradox game I feel it's in need of an expansion or two, or at the very least a few patches. For example, playing as Sweden - when the mongols invaded I kept getting stacks of 8000 troops, not attacking me, but I got control over them for some reason. And without any upkeep costs. That was a bit weird.

Also, the County of Småland has now become a no-mans-land. Nobody owns it, so nobody can attack it and claim it - despite having valid claims. This happened after a few messy successions. But I guess I can put this one down to historical accuracy, 'coz I mean, it's Småland. Who cares?

It is hilarious breeding super-Kings though. By accident I've managed to make my dynasty super-spies. The worst of them is an 19, the best a 29. Most are around 25. They also live to be around 90, some reach that age while crippled, maimed, and ill. Übermensch?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
It's funny to see where family members turn up as well.

I've just managed to unify Ireland (which I'd set as my current characters goal), so I'm King of Ireland at the amazing age of 84 (honestly think he was hanging on until he'd achieved it and now expect him to die soon).

One of my sons married a duchess in somerset, who 6 months later was imprisoned for leading a coup and he's ended up as regent there and also taken control of some holdings in Italy for some odd reason, another son at this moment is in the middle east leading a crusade for the Holy Roman Empire and the 3rd one is married to a french princess and is thought of quite highly by the french king....

I can see it all coming down like a house of cards when old king murchiad dies though, the wolves are circling already :(

Helme

Resident Freddy
That's honestly the best part about this game, and it's predecessor. Having an old stubborn bastard keeping it all together and knowing when he kicks it, all hell will break loose so all you can do is try to prepare as best as you can for when your idiot son takes over.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
he finally died at the age of 89 a happy and content man (well his third wife was 64 years younger than him and pregnant when he died, what a stud). His son then died 6 (peaceful) months after taking the throne and the shit then hit the fan.

he was succeeded by his 9 year old son who was more an Italian prince, not irish. Half of ireland rose up in rebellion, and while that was going off his italian holdings were invaded by a Pisan duke.

He was 18 years old when the dust finally settled and the realm was united again, with Glamorgan now added (and so the possibility of the rest of Wales :) )

fun stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom