Crunch Time?

R

Roo Stercogburn

From Sanya on Camelot Herald:

"- September. A patch focusing on RvR world enhancements, RvR bug fixes and balance tweaks (although it may have other fixes in it as well). This patch is NOT the RvR expansion (more on that below) - instead it is a patch that will address class balance, bugs, keep and frontier zone enhancements, and anything else that is RvR related."

For me this means: are Mythic finally going to fix or replace the mez related issues for Dark SMs ie fix it or put something in to take its place?
Anyone else feel like this will be crunch time for their own particular class/subclass? Though that patch will likely be November here, it indicates what we can expect.

1.62 is a huge watershed for Midgard, (I can't believe the number of people I've spoken to that have quit or are either quitting or moving, mainly to Hib/Ex) and it makes me think that many will see this as the last gasp for DAoC when coupled with the RvR Expansion realistically not going to hit European shores before Spring 2004.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
"- September. A patch focusing on RvR world enhancements, RvR bug fixes and balance tweaks (although it may have other fixes in it as well). This patch is NOT the RvR expansion (more on that below) - instead it is a patch that will address class balance, bugs, keep and frontier zone enhancements, and anything else that is RvR related."

...TRANSLATION EQUIPMENT ONLINE...

...TRANSLATION BEGINS...

This "patch" focusing on minor things in RvR that will effect even less( allthough some might fix nothing at all). This "patch" will have nothing to do with RvR(more below)- instead it won't fix things like class balance, bugs, keep and frontier zone enhancements(you thought those were RvR..hah!) and anything else that is RvR related.(confused yet?)

...TRANSLATION COMPLETE...

ESTIMATING CONFUSEMENT LEVEL OF INFO...
...ESTIMATION COMPLETE...

...INFO CONSIDERED HIGLY CONFUSING AND MUST BE DESTROYED...

...CONTACTING ORBITAL LASERARRAY...

F

Farnis

The things they are curently working on are:

Fixing housing
New style review
Class balancing
Evaluating poisons
RVR expansion
Fitting in TOA
RA evaluation

Theres probably loads more but my brain aint workin at the mo.

Based on your own experience of previous patches, do you think theyve got the manpower to do this properly or do you reckon it will just be a pastiche of half arsedness? Id love to think things would be worked out, but to be honest I just can't see it.

So yeah, the next US patch is the crunch - not as to whether i cancel, but more to do with whether i'll uninstall/re-subscribe.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I think they will make some good advances with fixing classes/styles and *hopefully* getting a nice RvR expansion out to try and keep the game alive.

Trouble is that we all live in Europe so we won't see any of these pretty and much-needed changes for a hell of a long time. I wonder how long people will be able to hold out for?

M

Merl

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
I think they will make some good advances with fixing classes/styles and *hopefully* getting a nice RvR expansion out to try and keep the game alive.

Trouble is that we all live in Europe so we won't see any of these pretty and much-needed changes for a hell of a long time. I wonder how long people will be able to hold out for?

Yeh i could not agree more. I personnaly think we dont give mythic enough credit. At the end of the day we play a good game which has kept alot of us playing for well over a year now, yes it has its bugs and its balance issues, but at the end of the day it is a game most of us enjoy, else we would not still be playing it.
Mythic know there are problems with the game and i dare say they are working on it (after all it is in their interest to do so) but unfortunatly u cannot plz everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom