Croc snatches chainsaw

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
A crocodile agitated by a chainsaw's noise chased the man operating it and snatched it off him.

Freddy Buckland was cutting a dead tree that had fallen against a saltwater crocodile pen in Australia.

The 14ft crocodile jumped out of the water and bit the chainsaw out of his hands, reports the Sydney Morning Post.

It happened at a roadhouse, near Darwin, where Mr Buckland was clearing up damage from a cyclone.

Owner Peter Shappert said: "As he was trimming up the tree on the outside the croc jumped out of the water and sped along the tree about 18, 20 feet and actually grabbed the chainsaw out of his hands.

"It must have been the noise. I don't think he was actually trying to grab Freddy, but I'm not sure. He had a fair go at him

"I think he just grabbed the first thing he could and it happened to be the chainsaw."

Mr Buckland was not injured nor was the crocodile, Brutus, which Mr Shappert says he might rename Two-Stroke..

"He chewed on the chainsaw for about an hour-and-a-half, then we finally got it out... It's still in one piece but, yeah, it's buggered."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1821736.html?menu=news.quirkies.animaltales

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom