Critblade specc..

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
woot??

Would like some opinions on these speccs

36stealth, 39sword, 50 CS, 32 envenom .. weapskill unbuffed 868 havent looked on buffed..

36 stealth, 50 sword, 50 CS, 8 envenom weapskill i dont know.. on 44 sword my sb had 898 in weapskill

36stealth, 50sword, 39cs, 32 envenom...

im gonna be going for dealing out alot of pain with PA. yeah i just want to try it.. is lowering sword to 39 really gonna effect my dmg much.. i would really like to get a nice str/con debuff since its a real nice instant dmg :)

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
few things to consider when choosing the painful way of the critblade :)

first off, be advised that you wont fare too well against other assassin classes, as well as any 'visible' dualwielders, but those are off grounds anyways

secondly, I think crit is more viable than ever with some of the new NF ras, like rr5 one, shadowstrike (although slightly bugged atm) and more importantly, vanish - MoS grants detection bonus now, and that kinda screws any chance of PAing any stealther that specced it 3+ - if you run with hastecharges and maybe use a celerity proc RoG weapon you would still be quite the caster killer, but slowass weap and no haste means any caster with half a brain will qc some form of cc before stun hits, meaning you need to be fast on your purge2 button 8)

all in all I think crit kinda requires somewhere near rr5-6 to really shine, but duo with a hunter or SZ specced friend might be rather nifty at low rr as well.

regarding the specs - go with the high cs one, 51 modified mainhand is fine to cover variance part - you need to exclusively rely on CS styles then though, which is fine since they have high growthrates. when dualwielding speccing cs past lvl44 has worse return than putting those points into LA, but if you plan on exclusively using 2h, then 0 LA is fine, I would recommend you use 1h / shield against other assassins though, and maybe carry a few swapout weaps, so you can get both snare, debuff, dot, disease in, depending on type of target. concerning weapons, I would suggest cold/heat lws, or maybe 2h sunweap, matter/spirit lws could be good as well, since alot have rather low resists in that area.

rant over! :m00:

edit: when going for a low weapspec you need some aug str to raise your ws, since this still affects alot of other things than the pure dmg you are outputting.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty much what xen said however wouldnt recomend for one moment that you go with a 2H 2x1h will serve you so much better, however as xen said you will have to sink points into LA to reduce the la penalty.

Have a play around with a char builder aim for 51 weapon and 49/50 stealth after RR/items 44 crit then just tailor the rest to what you hold in higher regard.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
your weapon spec only needs to be at 50 effective spec (base+RR+items) for variance measures.
Left Axe is similiar to weapon spec, should be near 50 effective, but can be slightly lower.
since you'll want to use CS styles, this line should be as high as possible, 44-50 if anyhow possible. 44 is most likely the best value for lower RRs.
Envenom, you'll want the lvl37 debuff atleast.
Your stealth shouldn't be below 48 effective

but most important, get as much Strength as possible, load up on AF and Haste charges and USE them.

I'm currently

50 CS
32 Sword
32 Left Axe
32 Stealth
28 Envenom

at RR9 with 379 Str

it works pretty well.

But if you go for a 2h, bear in mind that weapon spec will affect the 2h 'bonus' you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom