Crit % in RvR.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Is it a myth that you can’t get over 50% crit in RvR??
I have had WP2 on my casters for a long time now and I have never seen a 50%+ crit.

So is the max crit in RvR 49%, 50%, 99% or 100% ??
Is there any difference on Bolt crit, LT crit, DoT crit, baseline crit etc ??

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
49 or 50% crit is max if you aint a zerker in frenzy.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
49 or 50% crit is max if you aint a zerker in frenzy.
My thoughts exactly, but I PMed a GM yesterday and she said it was 100%.
She said it was possible for a 50 fire spec wiz to hit for ~1900 dam on a caster without RAs or MLs. The caster would ofc have 26% fire resists and be buffed (self buffs included fire resist buff not included).

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
You are getting the chance to crit and the damage on a crit confused.

The max chance you have for a critical attack is 50% full stop (exception is Zerk) and that includes RAs like MoP or Wild Power and this doesn't effect the damage that you crit for, that is a different thing entirely. The amount of damage a critical attack, be it spell or weapon, can be is (up to) 99% of the original attacks damage. As a generality it'll average around 50ish% but can literally be from a 1 point crit up to a 900 crit depending on the spell damage or weapon damage.

The player on the receiving end will see you were hit for xxx damage, xxx being the total damage not you were hit for xxx damage with a xxx critical hit.

A

Aoln

Pretty sure that's wrong, in RvR the damage of a critical hit is capped at 49% (or 50%) of your attack unless in vendo mode.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
You are getting the chance to crit and the damage on a crit confused.

The max chance you have for a critical attack is 50% full stop (exception is Zerk) and that includes RAs like MoP or Wild Power and this doesn't effect the damage that you crit for, that is a different thing entirely. The amount of damage a critical attack, be it spell or weapon, can be is (up to) 99% of the original attacks damage. As a generality it'll average around 50ish% but can literally be from a 1 point crit up to a 900 crit depending on the spell damage or weapon damage.

The player on the receiving end will see you were hit for xxx damage, xxx being the total damage not you were hit for xxx damage with a xxx critical hit.
Its the crit% of the original damage I’m wondering about.
Say Firewizkiddie nukes me for 900 dam and crits for 450 dam. That’s a 50% crit. What I am questioning is if he can crit for more than that ie. 900 dam + 850 dam (crit) etc.
I can not recall any of my spells to crit for more than 49% and all I have asked(Except the GM) about this says that the limit is either 49% or 50% more dam on a crit.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
50% (or 49%) is cap. (ie you hit for 1000dmg + 500 crit) in RvR.
deffo played caster long enough to be sure.

in PvE 100%, or 99% atleast are possible.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
The amount of damage a critical attack, be it spell or weapon, can be is (up to) 99% of the original attacks damage. As a generality it'll average around 50ish% but can literally be from a 1 point crit up to a 900 crit depending on the spell damage or weapon damage

That is only in PvE tho, or in RvR if you nuke pets, vs other players, only zerkers can crit for up to 99% while in frenzy.

I have never critted for over 50% of my original damage with any of my chars, when attacking another player, and I find it pretty hard to believe that this is coincidence. (Altho I think dots can crit for 99%.)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
(Altho I think dots can crit for 99%.)
True. DoT don't have a "base" chance to crit. That means if you want to crit with your DoT you have to get WP. On the other hand if you get WP your DoT can crit up to 99%/100%.

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
your chance to crit ... hard cap is 50%. max crit damage u can do is 50% rvr. this isnt for vendo mode ofc :O

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
The amount of damage a critical attack, be it spell or weapon, can be is (up to) 99% of the original attacks damage. As a generality it'll average around 50ish% but can literally be from a 1 point crit up to a 900 crit depending on the spell damage or weapon damage.

This isn't correct. Maximum crit is under 50% in RVR, I'm sure. Hence why necros whine about their class being treated as a mob (ie 100% crits).

Also, I've never seen a crit between 1 and say 10% of the spell damage, I think there's a lower cap.

E_E

Loyal Freddie
This is not all true... we been trying to run wit a firewizz and sorc, if the sorc debuffs 50% fire the wizz was allowed to crit above 100 %.. he capped bolt at about 1300 dmg and did crit with 800 ish.. and he did crit more often than without debuffs

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
E_E said:
This is not all true... we been trying to run wit a firewizz and sorc, if the sorc debuffs 50% fire the wizz was allowed to crit above 100 %.. he capped bolt at about 1300 dmg and did crit with 800 ish.. and he did crit more often than without debuffs

Are you sure about that?, sounds rather amazing :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
mucho bullshit :D

in pve you can crit from 10 to 99%, in rvr you can crit from 10 to 49% - chance to get a crit is capped at 50%

only exception to the rule is zerkmode, which gives 100% chance to crit and from 10 to 99% crit damage

im not sure if the lowest crit is 10%, but somewhere very close to that anyways. minimum crit definitely isnt 1%

Ghaladriel

Fledgling Freddie
E_E said:

lolz ... what is the name of this wizz that do 1300 + 800 ? XD

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
E_E said:

I crit as much heat debuffing for myself as I do not heat debuffing. resists does _NOT_ affect crit rate. (only crit damage), crits cant go passt 49%, base crit chase is 10%... there is some kind of bug thou which makes you lose your additional % to crit from WP, got wp4 atm and I barly critted for 1 week aprox, respecced RAs and got WP4 again... back to old crit rates :)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
Are you sure about that?, sounds rather amazing :p
Yep. I started this thread because I have been hit for ~1700 dam 3 times lately. All 3 were by a fire wiz. I have 26% fire resist and I had my self buffs up.
If the cap on crit is 50% they would have been hitting me for 1130 base dam and a 50% crit. I find that hard to believe even with MoM 5 and aug Acu5. The last time, I was hit for 1672 and I wasn’t even debuffed :eek7:

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf the edit timer.

Another thing a few of my guild mates have experienced is that their Str/Con makes them hit harder with their nukes (only testet in PvE). I know that the debuff removes con thus lowering their HPs, but I can't see why you are able to hit harder.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Kathal said:
Yep. I started this thread because I have been hit for ~1700 dam 3 times lately. All 3 were by a fire wiz. I have 26% fire resist and I had my self buffs up.
If the cap on crit is 50% they would have been hitting me for 1130 base dam and a 50% crit. I find that hard to believe even with MoM 5 and aug Acu5. The last time, I was hit for 1672 and I wasn’t even debuffed :eek7:

wizard spec bolt delves for 331, cap with no Mastery of Magery or additional ToA +Magic damage will then be 993, add to that the normal 9% damage bonus from ToA, which gives you cap of 1082,37, add then a decent amouth of Mastery of Magery bonus (lets say MoM3, 7% extra). Gives you a cap of 1158,1359. What to concider again about bolts is that its takes 50% AF and 50% resists. I dont know how to calculate it but if you would concider you had 26% resists. with a wizard with 10% resist piercing, this gives you 16%, then im not sure on which char you got bolted, on, did u have AF shield up? AF charges? +AF from template? Low qua/low con/lower level armor?..

basicly your worst scenario would be a 1737 hit... add to that if the person has MoM 4 or 5, it will scale up to 1245 and a hit for 1867... (mom5)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Kathal said:
Nerf the edit timer.

Another thing a few of my guild mates have experienced is that their Str/Con makes them hit harder with their nukes (only testet in PvE). I know that the debuff removes con thus lowering their HPs, but I can't see why you are able to hit harder.

str/con does not make any1 hit harder, might look that way as their hp decrease and your hit devided per total hp will be more. but actuall hits will be the same.

crits is only affected by 2 things, base crit modifyier & additional MOP & WP.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
str/con does not make any1 hit harder, might look that way as their hp decrease and your hit devided per total hp will be more. but actuall hits will be the same.

crits is only affected by 2 things, base crit modifyier & additional MOP & WP.
No, to dam actually went up. As in 200, 200, 200, Str/Con debuff, 210, 210 etc.
Thats a bug imo or a hidden effect.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Kathal said:
No, to dam actually went up. As in 200, 200, 200, Str/Con debuff, 210, 210 etc.
Thats a bug imo or a hidden effect.

hidden pve effect. nothing you can use in rvr..

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
in pve, constitution affects the absorb of pets/mobs etc. thats why a buffed pet will take much more damage - because of con and af buffs. if you con debuff you'll hit harder as it decreases abs, but it doesn't work that way in rvr.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
sad when a GM says something that wrong
Not really. Nobody knows everything about DAoC, not even the GMs. But it would be nice with a follow up by Requiel if he/she (a bit confused about gender here :) ).

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
E_E said:

2.1K of DMG 0o, and whit one bolt, not possible

.korgon.

Fledgling Freddie
crit dmg is 10-50% dmg standard. base chance to actually crit is 10%, with mop5/wp5 it can be 49%. thus if u have mop5 u are gonna feel an overall dps increase of 15%, well slightly less but i cba to deduct the initial 10% dmg from it etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom