Creative process

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I've been writing poetry, monologues, short stories for almost 3 decades now. I never released any of my work and just kept it in an envelope. Very few people have seen it and given the work that I released on here, I've been pleasantly surprised to see that (from people I've shown locally) the response has actually been good.

I did mess around in earlier years by showing it to people, getting various levels of response. Some positive, some negative. But the 'release' shall I call it of 'Time and space' on this forum seems to have triggered an interest in my work. I find it a little hard to take after 27 years at it and then realising that this process may actually be paying off - not in a commercial sense but in one that people identify with.

In all this time I've never taken any money for anything that I've written creatively and I guess for me was the finest moment in this 'hobby' as it has been. Generally it has been when I wrote something for my grandmother and I gave a draft of it to my mother on the back of a piece of an envelope sent to me via the DWP. She didn't even bother to ask for a proper copy, it went there into her coffin - All the family said that I had written something special - which I took with humility given the occasion.

But now I am starting to get some belief in my own work, regardless of how 'dark' it is for some people. And that I can actually do something that hits everyone now matter how badly I feel for myself and I know it's sad but I am still grieving for my late father almost 3 years later.

I am very pleased that those small hours here and there over the years may actually be leading somewhere - where I've no idea, poetry etc makes no money but I've always known that. Perhaps it's a journey that I can take people through without money and into the mind :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
good luck mate :), to be honest just do what you do if people don't like it *shrug* so long as you continue to enjoy making it

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I remember you releasing some work in the art section? Keep it up!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yeah wtg, so long as you like it and it makes you happy is great but when other people like it too (so what if they dont want to throw money at you for it) that is a great feeling :)

nice one buddy, keep it up

Lethul

FH is my second home
Sometimes i wish i had a creative stream in me of some sort :) My creativity stretches as far as .... i can't come up with anything :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Where is this story you speak of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom