Creating Multiple Accounts

G

Gef

Okay just a quick question, wanting to make another account. Do I have to but another copy of the game from the shops or can I just buy a CD key online somewhere?

Y

-yoda-

you can play other acc's with your present cd . BUT if you want to open/create a NEW account . you WILL need a brand new daoc cd .. because each cd-key is linked to a cd . so therefore 1 cd-key cant have 2 accounts associated with it ,

hope that helps.

G

Gef

Err not really what I meant, need to know if I can just buy a key .. dont really need all the CD's and boxes and stuff. Just need a key .. seems odd that Mythic/Wanadoo dont have the foresight to sell such things online.

G

Gef

I wonder what the regulations are on using old CD keys. I had a friend who I persueded to start playing a long time ago. He quit at lvl 20 cause he hated the game, is that classed as buying an account?

I dont want his old shitty characters, in fact I dont even want to play on the same server he started on. I just want his CD key .. is this against the CoC? Its still a subscription, cause i'm not gonna pay full whack for boxes and manuals etc just to get a few extra char slots that sucks.

S

stu

No, you'll be fine, there's no real enforcement of playing multiple accounts at all, for obvious financial reasons.

F

Flimgoblin

If it's been used to register, it can't be used again. (it's a one-time key)

S

stu

yes, but he can use the account that was registered can't he...

C

Cohannyn

But he can re-open the account if his friend still has the username/password.

I

inqy

good luck changing the cc details tho, I hear that can be a mare.

C

Cowled

Who cares about CoC? What mythic/goa doesn't know about.. can't hurt them :)

C

Cohannyn

I do believe he said "CC", as in Credit Card.. not CoC..

I

inqy

yeah I did. I've heard the horror stories on this board of updating your details on the registration screens.

D

Damon_D

It can be a pain to update ya CC , just getting a new card when the old one expires is a pain , besides that if you got his account name and password you can use the account just fine

F

Flimgoblin

If the subscription pages are up - it's a doddle.

If they're not, it's not possible to change anything :)

K

Keri

Originally posted by stu
yes, but he can use the account that was registered can't he...

Officially, no. That constitues selling/trading an account, and if people advertise on here that they are doing it, GOA could "take the necessary action" if they wanted to I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread