Creating image?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Not technically a techie questions, hence where I'm posting it. Anyone know where I can find a guide, or an idiot proof program I can use to create an image of my system? I'm getting fed up of having to install all my programs when I format and an image would solve that issue. I want something similar to the windows setup CD. Only instead of just installing windows, it boots, formats and then slaps the image on there.

Anyone?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Combination of Acronis and Norton Ghost works a treat on most systems. Make sure you know what type of hard drive connections you have.

Google 'em both for proper info but basically Acronis will allow you to create a hidden partition where you can stick a disk image then Ghost will image your system.

Sorted :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If you have windows 7 pro or ultimate you'll have backup built in. I won't claim it's anywhere near as fast as Ghost or Acronis though, but it does work pretty well and can backup as you're using the PC in the background.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Personally i use Clonezilla(free)( for full partition images
and Acronis(costs money)/AllwaySync(free) to do file backups

Guide here for network backup:
Clonezilla – Free Advanced Hard Drive Cloning Software

Local backup:
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/free_imaging_software.html

but to be honest it is very self explanatory

You can even save to a network share (obviously takes longer than straight to disk), you just create a windows share on a pc somewhere and connect to it using clonezilla

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Thanks for the replies. I have somewhere a CD with a bunch of apps on. One of them is Acronis. I'll hoik it out and read up on what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom