Crashing to desktop

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Anyone else expiriencing this?

I have been running Daoc ToA client on this very same PC for years now, over the past few weeks it's crashing me straight to desktop after several hours of play. If i log in again it will then happen again within 5 minutes. A reboot has no effect. I have completely formatted and reinstalled all software but still no effect. I am using the most upto date graphics driver, directx9, windows XP service pack 2. Its defo not a overheating issue as i leave the caseing off the PC and the inside is well cooled. It seems to point to a hardware issue? Im going to run memtest now and see if that picks anything up but does anyone else have any suggestions?

NeLSoN

Fledgling Freddie
I have the same problem and didnt find out the solution :s

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Post machine spec tbh.

Have you tested memory? Despite PC being well cooled have you checked CPU temp?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
I had this exact problem. Only had 1gb ram and i bought another gig stuck it in and haven't had the problem since.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Post machine spec tbh.

Have you tested memory? Despite PC being well cooled have you checked CPU temp?

Tested memory with memtest and that appears to be ok. I checked CPU temp and indeed it was running very high, cleaned out the heatsink/fan and thats running at a good temperature now. Thought it was all sorted, was playing camelot for a couple of hours then bang. Straight back to desktop.

I know spec is old but never had problems until recently.

Intel P4 2000
asus P4533 motherboard
Geforce4
1 gig 400mhz RAM
2 40 gig hard drives

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I've had the same problem as of today, ever since I installed Windows Live Messenger this morning..

Gonna uninstall it and go back to msn messenger and see if it works as I've never had this problem before

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
I tested my memory as well with memtest and all was fine.

That 1gb memory i added solved all my problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom