Crashing to desktop on load screen !

Caleb78

Fledgling Freddie
Iv'e recently purchased the combined DAoc+SI+TOA package. I install the game (for about the fifth time) and registrer my account. I run the .exe file, and log in using my password. The list of servers pops out in front of me. I choose a server and press play.
Then the fun begins... The game starts loading.. so far so good... Then... BOOOOOM!! :eek2: There my desktop suddenly appears. No error message.. no critical exception.. No nothing.
Iv'e updated everything possible (sound-card, Graphics-card, VIA drivers and removed virtually everything else from my machine that may interfere. Does anyone else have this problem??? I'm kind of stuck here.
HEEEELP

Flippant Desires

Fledgling Freddie
Caleb78 said:
Iv'e recently purchased the combined DAoc+SI+TOA package. I install the game (for about the fifth time) and registrer my account. I run the .exe file, and log in using my password. The list of servers pops out in front of me. I choose a server and press play.
Then the fun begins... The game starts loading.. so far so good... Then... BOOOOOM!! :eek2: There my desktop suddenly appears. No error message.. no critical exception.. No nothing.
Iv'e updated everything possible (sound-card, Graphics-card, VIA drivers and removed virtually everything else from my machine that may interfere. Does anyone else have this problem??? I'm kind of stuck here.
HEEEELP

erm, this won;t work i guess...since you got to the loading screen.
but just to check, do u have a firewall? either software or via the router

Caleb78

Fledgling Freddie
That isn't the case I'm afraid!!

Yeah unfortunately you were right. I have a firewall, but it isn't the problem. I've tried deactivating it entirely, just to make sure. I didn't help. But thanks anyway!!

Flippant Desires

Fledgling Freddie
Caleb78 said:
Yeah unfortunately you were right. I have a firewall, but it isn't the problem. I've tried deactivating it entirely, just to make sure. I didn't help. But thanks anyway!!

Am i right in thinking the game has never worked?
Maybe try the full file scan option when you start the game.
It is annoying when you don't get any error messages :(

I think support can help you out if you can get them a file dump from dxdiag - the program that tells them about your system and directx files.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I had this problem when Shrouded Isles got released.. It got fixed when I bought a new computer :p

Caleb78

Fledgling Freddie
I'll do just that!!!

Thank you all.. Ive taken the DXDiag.txt and the errorlog.txt files and attached them to my customer support query... Now I play the waiting game..
:eek6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom