Crap rogue wins over a warrior?

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Hi!

Recorded a little movie lastnight.
Me: L32 Rogue.
Target: L35 Warrior.

I did so many things wrong in the fight.
But still... well watch it and you will see what I mean.

Oh and first movie/clip I ever make so it ain't that fancy and stuff.

Movie

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Warrior couldn't really cope with your running around here =] But yes a crap rogue wins over a warrior most of the time even if he is some lvls higher. Altough it amazes me that you won here without using any finishing move at all (?)

I fear the worst for rogues

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Evoknox said:
Warrior couldn't really cope with your running around here =] But yes a crap rogue wins over a warrior most of the time even if he is some lvls higher. Altough it amazes me that you won here without using any finishing move at all (?)

I fear the worst for rogues

Yeah he parried my KS and died on my SS before I could hit Eviscerate.
And yeah he might have had some trouble with me running around, but I sure as hell wont just stant infront of him, making it super easy to overpower me and stuff like that.
The adrenaline from me being lower made me kinda shaky so thats my excuse for playing like that :)

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
CTmod + some extra stuff, why?

Oh and PVPlog and killlog those are great.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
the haunted \o/

doesnt seem like the warrior did anything besides hurt himself badly with blood rage, change to defensive stance, change back to battle stance a few secs later and then die.

looks to me he was arms specced since he deep wounded you on one of his crits, but other than that i dont see any hamstring, rend, heroic strike, sunder, demo shout or anything really.. no wonder he died horribly ;D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
ive fought a few rogues now, both horde and alliance (in duels)

seem to win about as many as i loose, depends on the rogue, if it has evasion up ill loose, though if i have retaliation ready it generally doesnt stand much of a chance (unless it has evasion running o_O )

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Must say it did seem to me that he wasn't really up for a fight in the first place, but a good take down all the same.

I got absolutely taken apart by a rogue 1 level lower than me in a duel last night and did feel that to an extent it was down to a lack of experience duelling rogues on my part. That said, the margin of difference was very scary (he had about 85% health left and a full power bar thingy :()

One question - I have a shield ability that slams and prevent repeat casting of spells... are some rogue techniques classed as spells or are they all melee attacks?

Lastly, can you post the link for thet pvp mod on the useful links thread and we can include it in the mods part of the useful stuff. Ta.

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Classed as melee attacks... Switch to defensive stance and try disarming them, prevents some damage and stops them aquiring combo points. Then switch back to battle stance :)

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Also if you keep them hamstringed, you can run away and bandage when you need to, and you can run away when they use Dodge evasion...

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Just watched video, that was a close fight, 1 second later and execute would have landed and he'd have won. Shoulda used demoralizing shout/disarm... and then perhaps use rend to stop you vanishing, and hamstring to stop you running... but then he'd have no rage for execute...

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Meatballs said:
Just watched video, that was a close fight, 1 second later and execute would have landed and he'd have won. Shoulda used demoralizing shout/disarm... and then perhaps use rend to stop you vanishing, and hamstring to stop you running... but then he'd have no rage for execute...

Well I never vanished, but yes a hamstring would have stoped my insane running :)

PvPLog: click me

Jupitus said:
Must say it did seem to me that he wasn't really up for a fight in the first place, but a good take down all the same.

Yeah thats why I shot him with my pea-gun to agitate him :)
But when I came close I used the rage-thiny, witch imo is crap to start with.
Atleast that was my feeling when I played a warrior on beta.
To much health loss for the gain of rage. But it will be fixed in the next patch iirc.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
crippling owns
blind owns
vanish owns
cold blood owns
stuns own

prep owns x2 ;DD

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Phusion said:
a good warrior beats the shit out of a rogue. disarm pwns
Until any player is smart to use blacksmithing plan to prevent disarming :)

mts

Fledgling Freddie
mr.Blacky said:
Until any player is smart to use blacksmithing plan to prevent disarming :)

alot of rogues go for crusader and lifesteal and i dont blame them tbh.. glow4win ;D

warriors get those cute epic plate gaunts that has the anti-disarm effect so they are free to get weap enhancements.. yay

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Imp Overpower owns rogues though really, it must've been shit warrior really.

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
mts said:
alot of rogues go for crusader and lifesteal and i dont blame them tbh.. glow4win ;D

warriors get those cute epic plate gaunts that has the anti-disarm effect so they are free to get weap enhancements.. yay

Key to a good melee class is to carry multiple sets of weapons :)

Wep chain versus warriors, enchants for other classes... :)

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
ive fought a few rogues now, both horde and alliance (in duels)

seem to win about as many as i loose, depends on the rogue, if it has evasion up ill loose, though if i have retaliation ready it generally doesnt stand much of a chance (unless it has evasion running o_O )

A rogue using Evasion vs a warrior is stupid like hell. Heyho..3 IP Overpower in a row on a rogue cause he is evading. Forget it..

You can quite quick get some blacksmithing plans from Scarlet Monestary, that lets you make chains to weapons, so you can´t be disarmed. Byebye rogue. Tbh most rogues can´t do much vs a rogue. Maybe beat him a bit, stun him or something...but in the end they either gotta die or flee.

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Sanzor said:
A rogue using Evasion vs a warrior is stupid like hell. Heyho..3 IP Overpower in a row on a rogue cause he is evading. Forget it..

You can quite quick get some blacksmithing plans from Scarlet Monestary, that lets you make chains to weapons, so you can´t be disarmed. Byebye rogue. Tbh most rogues can´t do much vs a rogue. Maybe beat him a bit, stun him or something...but in the end they either gotta die or flee.

Overpower is currently bugged and can actually be dodged when a rogue uses evasion. Sucks bigtime...

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
He got pwned by the strafing around of yours, and maybe also because he has crap stuff. Only advise I can give that guy is, learn how to keep the target infront of him.

Lajsen

Fledgling Freddie
Guess thats all cause u WTFPWN old m8 :)
long time no seen hope life is good for both of u crazy swedes ..
a shame u play on the wrong server :)

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Lajsen said:

Hi champ!

We got our horde alts on your server so someday when we hit 60 (56 atm) and get borde of alliance we will come to you and play :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Agree with other posters, seems like he didnt want to fight at all, gave you a few free shots due to that. Also found retaliation is really nice against dual wielders. Killed a 9 lvls higher warrior who where dual wielding with it.

Spyf

Loyal Freddie
Long time no see old friend

Havent read much of the thread, but I bet you have crafted gear and good drops if I know you right Johaan and warriors have alot of crap pvp specs even tho they have good gear, while rogue's is all dam mostly. :worthy:

Spyf

Loyal Freddie
Lajsen said:

Hi Lajsen

Long time no see ;)
Say hi to the ppl you know I know for me :worthy:

Spyf

Loyal Freddie
I love ppl who challenge me on Zep.
Fear and they wait 5 min for next Zep :clap:

P.S. nerf bumping ancient threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom