Got a prob.

I used to get this on 3dmark2001 SE:

Athlon Thunderbird 1.4
Creative 3D Blaster GF4 Ti 4400
512 Meg PC2100
Asus A7V-266
Win XP SP1

All default settings and speeds.

I just purchased myself an Athlon XP 2400+ and i ran 3dmark2001 SE again, hoping my 3dmarks would be above 10000.

But ... er ... it's dropped to 8409?! After a new 'much faster' CPU?! wtf? Everything is as it was before, just a new CPU. It's set to 15x multiplier, 133 FSB - giving 2 Ghz (as the athlon XP 2.4 is).

Any fecking clue as to what's fucked?

Cheers :rolleyes:

Gaz

N

NaveT

Did you reinstall your os after you put the chip in? Its always worth doing that.

B

Big G

^Danger - you're suggesting i'm making it up? why would i do that?

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Big G
^Danger - you're suggesting i'm making it up? why would i do that?

No he is suggesting that the benchmarks aren't representing the true results of the upgrade, another words they're are a lie ;)

G

GDW

Curious, but does the Athlon XP 2400+ run on that board? Just asking cause Id like to upgrade my processor soon.

D

danger

Originally posted by Embattle

No he is suggesting that the benchmarks aren't representing the true results of the upgrade, another words they're are a lie ;)

If you correct the grammar that's exactly what I would of said :p

In my experience benchmarks tend to be fussy unreliable things... The best bet for working out if the upgrade has made a difference is to see how the games feel... they're probably unlikely to feel much better with that upgrade because the spec you had before was pretty much upto the task... do they feel any worse?

Out of interest though... what temps are your CPU/board running at?

B

Big G

Yeah, that board takes that proc fine - you have to update the BIOS though.

My CPU runs at 53-ish degrees, that's with the Zalman copper flower silent jobby (bear in mind the Asus board reports the temp as higher than it is).

It overclocks nicely to 2600+ speeds (i hear it goes higher, but i didn't try) with a slight uppage in voltage and a tweak to the multiplier. Not bad for £140. At this speed it runs about 57 degrees.

Oh i found out why the benchmark was so cack, but i won't tell you why since i'll get a slagging. :p

3Dmark2001SE scores are now 12000 odd.

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread