Crafting?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I just wondered how many of us LGMs are still hard at it since ToA, Im not selling anywhere near what I used to, no requests for 99% sets, just the odd request for 1 or 2 MP parts...

Has all our hard work getting to 1164 been slain by ToA?

Falldorn

Fledgling Freddie
I dont really know, I dinged Legendary just a few days before ToA. I've never got any requests for 99% - so I made my money on MP's and MP's alone.

I wouldnt say my crafting was all in vain, I earned my share of cash on it - however I dont get as many orders as I would have thought I would.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, I leveled my own lgm tailor and acer after toa, and I've saved lots of money, I didn't make too much, only sold a few mps to guildies at a discount price.

It makes me insanely happy tho that I didn't have to pay 12p for a damn mp chain leggings :p

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I have been asked to craft 2-3 things since TOA was released.. (if you don't count legendary weapons)... mostly MP small shields or 1h hammers. But I'm not taking any MP orders since it takes so long time, and I can't sell the 99% weapons.

I can understand the prices on MP chain/studded .. since the demand on 99% pieces almost vanished since TOA came. Everyone wants MP nowadays.. of course some people can't afford it and have to use 99% armor.. but they are few I suppose.

illu

Part of the furniture
I imagine a lot of the money still lies in the SC and Alchemy Professions. Everyone needs SC for their 99% and MP Items, and everyone needs Ablatives / Procs etc.

Looking for the day when someone on Ebay sells their SC LGM and Alch LGM Accounts on Mid Exc for £10 :>

Oli - Illu

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I'd understand the prices if mp chain was the only expensive thing in mid. It's not, it's just another product which people put overrated prices on. I decided to make my own.

Esran

Fledgling Freddie
People wanting MP isn't the only reason 99% doesn't pay anymore. Consignment merchants stuffed to the gills with cheap 99% stuff is part of it as well. The market might actually still be there, just everyone can just go buy it off the consignment merchants and the market is flooded.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Havent logged my crafter for about 6 months...

Seems the only active crafters are capped LGM weaponcrafters making leg weapons

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
I've made a couple of MP chain pieces since TOA because I thought the market prices were too high, but I have to say crafting is a lot less fun if you're only waiting for MPs and 99% are just getting sold back to merchant..

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I believe there are also alot of lgm's out there, so many people are selfsufficent when it comes to crafting, or they know someone who's lgm's they can borrow and craft their own stuff, or there is at least a guild lgm of the needed craft that often crafts for serious discounts for other guildies.
Ive heard many people say that they think its a good investement to just take the time to roll their own lgm's, so they dont have to bother seeking out others.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Brunore said:
Havent logged my crafter for about 6 months...

Seems the only active crafters are capped LGM weaponcrafters making leg weapons

At least for Midgard, there are no capped WCers on the English servers afaik, highest on excal is Thianna (1146) then me ;) Highest on Pryd is 1137, on Camlann 1119 (Midgard WC cap = 1150).

Still, I reckon WCers like myself doing lg weapons, and SCers are the ones making money, little else is worth crafting it seems...

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Ive heard many people say that they think its a good investement to just take the time to roll their own lgm's, so they dont have to bother seeking out others.

And the rumors are true :p

Eeli

Fledgling Freddie
Many templates I see still has a few mp pieces in them, despite the artifact craze. And.. considering the amount of time need to be invested into leveling an arti to 10 and their habbit of degrading like hell.... well I think there still will be a demand for MP bits and pieces.

Oh and, with NF comming and the new bg's.. Wouldnt you settle for 99%qual af102 pieces in the lvl 40-44 bg instead of waisting plats en masse for mp's? :) Might be a market for it again :) But that's just me guessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom