Crafting parts!

B

bredo

Was just wondering if the quality of the parts you make for ie a weapon mean anything at all? I've gotten mp weapons from combining a 94 shaft with a 94 head, so it apparently doesnt affect quality. But maybe you have lesser chance of failing the combine if the parts are higher qual? Someone please enlighten me.

A

Alrindel

No, quality on components is meaningless and has no effect on the finished product. In armourcraft, where leather armour is a component in making scale armour, you can buy 85% quality leather pieces from a merchant and still have the finished product come out a masterpiece. Many crafters have asked that Mythic change the code so that quality is not displayed on things like sword hilts and blades, armour scales, and trinkets, because it's so incredibly frustrating when you get a masterpiece.

Sooner or later you'll get one of these, like every weaponsmith eventually does:

misc_why_crafters_burn_out.gif

Stupid game. :(

O

old.Tohtori

Alrindel your crafter was too proud of the two masterpieces that when actually making the blade, just got too cocky :p

S

shani

Originally posted by Alrindel
No, quality on components is meaningless and has no effect on the finished product. In armourcraft, where leather armour is a component in making scale armour, you can buy 85% quality leather pieces from a merchant and still have the finished product come out a masterpiece. Many crafters have asked that Mythic change the code so that quality is not displayed on things like sword hilts and blades, armour scales, and trinkets, because it's so incredibly frustrating when you get a masterpiece.

Sooner or later you'll get one of these, like every weaponsmith eventually does:

misc_why_crafters_burn_out.gif

Stupid game. :(

Damn there is a place in Hib where you can sit at the forge and buy arcanium ??!??

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by shani
Damn there is a place in Hib where you can sit at the forge and buy arcanium ??!??
Of course not. Hibs wouldn't use nasty arcanium. We craft our finest weapons out of arcanite.

And yes, there's a spot like that in each realm's Shrouded Isles zone. Ours is at Aalid Feie, I don't know where yours is.

S

shani

Of course not. Hibs wouldn't use nasty arcanium. We craft our finest weapons out of arcanite.

And yes, there's a spot like that in each realm's Shrouded Isles zone. Ours is at Aalid Feie, I don't know where yours is.

Well I havent discovered a place yet with the possibility to sit at a forge in reach of a high tier metal merchant.

And euh.. I personaly like arcanium more then arcanite... I think I've been on the receiving end of the arcanite too much :rolleyes:

A

Alrindel

As I understand it, it gets nerfed in the next patch anyways. Mythic moved all the merchants away from the crafting equipment to try and make it a bit harder for macro users.

S

StormriderX

current merchant pain in the ass anyway with his constant dissapearing act - most annoying when you just that little bit away from finishing a orange con weapon :/

A

Alrindel

What orange con weapon, you silly bunny? You're capped, same as me.

B

bredo

Wll to get back to the topic... I didn't mean the quality of the leather/metal you buy at merchant, i meant the quality that your crafted parts are, like axe shaft, sword hilt etc.

D

Danya

Just don't mention Scythes around Alrindel... Oops ;)

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by bredo
Wll to get back to the topic... I didn't mean the quality of the leather/metal you buy at merchant, i meant the quality that your crafted parts are, like axe shaft, sword hilt etc.
Bredo, read my first message again. Axe shaft, sword hilt etc. - these are components. "Quality on components is meaningless and has no effect on the finished product."

When you do the final combine, the only thing taken into consideration by the game engine is your craft skill compared to the item's target skill-to-make value. The quality of the components is NOT taken into account.

S

StormriderX

What orange con weapon, you silly bunny? You're capped, same as me.

there was a time I wasn't capped you know ;)

O

old.Alliandre

And I thought you just appeared as a Master Weaponcrafter :p

Users who are viewing this thread