Crafting Discussion

wodzie

Fledgling Freddie
Old classic. We were able to make armor, running to various keeps to get supply for our trade, which could be challenging, fending of mobs on the way and risking getting killed by the odd stealther. SI.. nothing changed, except we could now get our materials in some random located towns. Toa. Nothing changed, we could now get access easier to material and ofc lgn stuff was available to us. Catacombs. No recipes changed. We can now however get a new skin to our crafted armor..

With the next expansion around the corner, nothing will change. But with artifacts, toa drops, cata drops, DR drops - yet again, the value of the crafting trade is neglected..

Shouldnt it be about time we get some crafting love? For me personally, i really think it sucks big time, to use huge amounts of cash to craft a needed armor piece, that only has 32 imbue pts if 51MP. Shouldnt lgn sc'ers be able to gain higher oc if using 4*99 or 4*100 gems instead of current 2*98 2*99? shouldnt we be getting eg. 5 jewel slots on 51MP and maybe 40 imbue pts?

Legendary weaps/staffs -- requirement vs pve -- make those more desirable. remove that requirement and add same as for bos/bom items? eg maybe 3 style/melee/spd/cast speed/spell dam etc vs ALL?

Alchemy: the most current stuff used (af, ablative) etc. Get those updated to toa standars? ablative = 150 value, haste 30% value, the af and dot i find reasonable as it is. The dam shield, increase the value of it, the reactive dd's make more dam types available and increase dam output? gif waterbreath barrels! The 1000 skill recipes really make me laugh. increase the instant pots value..

Overeall - imo - its about time to rework the whole crafting system, make it more desirable to be a crafter, or level a new one. When it started to look slighty brighter for crafters, they gave us arti repair (not saying its a bad thing) but again, crafters got a set back.

Jewelcraft? have had that "skill" since SI - but when we be able to use it?

They did bost sc slightly..but 1 to all melee etc? lol? all focus gems? where are they?

Give your info on this.. and hopefully if we do get alot of community action, maybe a friendly goa worker, can pass it along to mythic .. for the next expansion: Crafters Reworked

Cheers for reading!

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with you, I have since start of eu servers skilled up

3 lgm spellcrafters
2 lgm armorcrafters
1 lgm weaponcrafter

And over time they have all lost their ability to be worth the time to skill up, spellcrafting is really the only one left worth having.

on classic servers weaponcrafter can stand and make shields all day, and maybe some occisionally weapons, and a shitload of bg equipment.

was easier to earn money in the old times and feel the time you invested in getting lgm was worth it.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
wodzie said:
Old classic. We were able to make armor, running to various keeps to get supply for our trade, which could be challenging, fending of mobs on the way and risking getting killed by the odd stealther. SI.. nothing changed, except we could now get our materials in some random located towns. Toa. Nothing changed, we could now get access easier to material and ofc lgn stuff was available to us. Catacombs. No recipes changed. We can now however get a new skin to our crafted armor..

With the next expansion around the corner, nothing will change. But with artifacts, toa drops, cata drops, DR drops - yet again, the value of the crafting trade is neglected..

Shouldnt it be about time we get some crafting love? For me personally, i really think it sucks big time, to use huge amounts of cash to craft a needed armor piece, that only has 32 imbue pts if 51MP. Shouldnt lgn sc'ers be able to gain higher oc if using 4*99 or 4*100 gems instead of current 2*98 2*99? shouldnt we be getting eg. 5 jewel slots on 51MP and maybe 40 imbue pts?

Legendary weaps/staffs -- requirement vs pve -- make those more desirable. remove that requirement and add same as for bos/bom items? eg maybe 3 style/melee/spd/cast speed/spell dam etc vs ALL?

Alchemy: the most current stuff used (af, ablative) etc. Get those updated to toa standars? ablative = 150 value, haste 30% value, the af and dot i find reasonable as it is. The dam shield, increase the value of it, the reactive dd's make more dam types available and increase dam output? gif waterbreath barrels! The 1000 skill recipes really make me laugh. increase the instant pots value..

Overeall - imo - its about time to rework the whole crafting system, make it more desirable to be a crafter, or level a new one. When it started to look slighty brighter for crafters, they gave us arti repair (not saying its a bad thing) but again, crafters got a set back.

Jewelcraft? have had that "skill" since SI - but when we be able to use it?

They did bost sc slightly..but 1 to all melee etc? lol? all focus gems? where are they?

Give your info on this.. and hopefully if we do get alot of community action, maybe a friendly goa worker, can pass it along to mythic .. for the next expansion: Crafters Reworked

Cheers for reading!

everyone know crafting needs an overhaul, i am all in favour of a more WoW craft like system, as i must admit its pretty good and more importantly fun and feels liek you are achieveing something.

:m00:

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Ye I agree, the crafting system needs some urgent updates. Adding an extra imbue slot to MP armor is a nice idea, it would make creating templates a lot easier.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
Ye I agree, the crafting system needs some urgent updates. Adding an extra imbue slot to MP armor is a nice idea, it would make creating templates a lot easier.
it's more fun when ppl can't cap everything, so they have to deside, either loads of drops/artys or SC'd armor parts for good resists/stats

if they just made it either faster or easyere to craft a lot of items at the same time (craft que or something) it would make me happy for sure

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
everyone know crafting needs an overhaul, i am all in favour of a more WoW craft like system, as i must admit its pretty good and more importantly fun and feels liek you are achieveing something.

:m00:
I'd vote for the SWG crafting system which is more fun that WoWs, (In my opinion anyway) as it involves different material properties. For example, steel had hardness, conductivity, shock resistance, etc. :p

Each time GOA had a poll I voted for Tradeskills first. Most people didn't though, they rather prefer a TOA nerf apparently.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Each time GOA had a poll I voted for Tradeskills first. Most people didn't though, they rather prefer a TOA nerf apparently.

Which is why after the first vote, they had a second, taking off the top two items from the previous one.

Looks like in the US at least, crafting won that one, so crafting is being considered the No 3 issue. Hopefully means something will happen.

Darzil

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
wodzieOvereall - imo - its about time to rework the whole crafting system said:
When GOA did the questionaire (sp?) with Mythic there was a thread on FH here where all people could give their feedback for about 2 weeks i believe.
Alot of people agreed that crafting as it is now absolutely stinks and gave alot of suggestions for crafting or asked for it to be reviewed.
Later on when they closed the survey they said crafting was going to be on top of the list to look at.

I guess for now we just have to wait and see when/what will happen, as they know everybody has issues with it.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I believe that reworking crafting is on Mythic's 'to do' list. I seriously doubt they'll increase the power level of crafted gear as that opens a massive can of balance worms. It's more likely they'll change how crafting works (make it less boring hopefully), probably give crafters the option to imbue some/all ToA bonuses and possibly implement the jewelcraft they were intending to introduce with SC and Alchemy since before SI was released.
For what it's worth I made some suggestions in this thread ages ago about how I'd reorganise crafting.

spook

Fledgling Freddie
The Crafting TL was asked to write a report for the upcoming overview. Apparently this is something that hasn't happened before. So there should be something coming.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
it's more fun when ppl can't cap everything, so they have to deside, either loads of drops/artys or SC'd armor parts for good resists/stats

1 Thing your forgetting here is some classes have it WAY easier than others capping it all(read:what they need) That makes your point kinda invalid. Why should some have the chance to cap all, when others simply cant?!

I just fear that with 1.81 and easy accesable artis, an extra imbue slot would make it even more like CS than it is now ;) ie too easy to cap all, without the use of expensive jewelry. But I agree that improvements should be made. Jewelcraft should never be introduced Imo. Same reason as extra imbue slot.

/Dracus

K

Kharok Svark

How about a slot available on MP's for an increase Stat Cap Gem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom