Crafting Dilema!

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
I was just trinketing to catch up some secondaries for Tailoring, (You need 685 Leatherworking/Clothworking..that thing) and I noticed something pretty interesting.

The leather trinkets took like 7 seconds to make but the cloth ones of equal level took 2 minutes 10 seconds to craft! I also realised the same when salvaging, metal, wood and leather salvages quickly but when I salvage cloth goods it takes forever.

Is this working as intended or what?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Zedenz said:
I was just trinketing to catch up some secondaries for Tailoring, (You need 685 Leatherworking/Clothworking..that thing) and I noticed something pretty interesting.

The leather trinkets took like 7 seconds to make but the cloth ones of equal level took 2 minutes 10 seconds to craft! I also realised the same when salvaging, metal, wood and leather salvages quickly but when I salvage cloth goods it takes forever.

Is this working as intended or what?

Hmm. My experience of trinketting is that it's always fast (unless you make the larger items which take 10x the materials and more than 10x the time). I don't tend to trinket cloth, though, I more often just use it.

On salvaging, it should take 1 second per unit of material returned. I have seen much longer times on some stuff from classic lands recently, though, so was considering a little study and a bug report. Generally, though, cloth does take longer. A pair of gloves for example, in more modern drop areas, gives 5 metal (and takes 5 seconds) from plate/chain/studded, 12 leather (and takes 12 seconds) from leather, and 18 cloth (and takes 18 seconds) from cloth. In terms of time against value, Metal items are always best.

Best way of catching up secondarys tends to be to make stuff from another line. If you've no archery, making low level bows (which increase clothworking due to the bowstring), will be cheaper and better at raising your clothworking than doing higher level trinketting of cloth.

Darzil

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
Hmm. My experience of trinketting is that it's always fast (unless you make the larger items which take 10x the materials and more than 10x the time). I don't tend to trinket cloth, though, I more often just use it.

On salvaging, it should take 1 second per unit of material returned. I have seen much longer times on some stuff from classic lands recently, though, so was considering a little study and a bug report. Generally, though, cloth does take longer. A pair of gloves for example, in more modern drop areas, gives 5 metal (and takes 5 seconds) from plate/chain/studded, 12 leather (and takes 12 seconds) from leather, and 18 cloth (and takes 18 seconds) from cloth. In terms of time against value, Metal items are always best.

Best way of catching up secondarys tends to be to make stuff from another line. If you've no archery, making low level bows (which increase clothworking due to the bowstring), will be cheaper and better at raising your clothworking than doing higher level trinketting of cloth.

Darzil

Yeh I do armourcrafting and fletching to skill wood and metalworking up. I was just doing a bit of trinketing as I needed about 4 or 5 points to get the 685(or so?) needed to continue tailoring.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Zedenz said:
Yeh I do armourcrafting and fletching to skill wood and metalworking up. I was just doing a bit of trinketing as I needed about 4 or 5 points to get the 685(or so?) needed to continue tailoring.

Do some weaponcrafting, unless you already done so, to get woodworking/leatherworking/metalworking at the same time.

Cylian

Can't get enough of FH
Krakatau said:
Do some weaponcrafting, unless you already done so, to get woodworking/leatherworking/metalworking at the same time.

but only on swords (and eventually claws now)! :p

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
but only on swords (and eventually claws now)! :p

Any weapon that have leather/wood/metal in them - kite shields are cheaper than swords and any claws ;)

Nate

FH is my second home
another thing i noticed in crafting: the grandmaster merchant in mid housing metal costs, dunno if there wrong or right really, just seemed a bit weird..mithril costs more then adamantium, or whatever the next one up from mithril is, this metal being a higher level i would of thought it would be the other way around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom