CPMA FreezeTag Summer cup

M

MadEd

Shock horror i have to say i perfer cpma to osp.
Due to pix pestering me i went and got the last release, installed it on the server and found that it was smooth to play, unlike the laggy feel with osp.
Mind u though the assist and the strange thaw sound still leave a bit to be desired.
Perhaps if theres another release of osp that addresses the laggy feel it seems to have then i will change my mind again.
Smooth gameplay counts a lot imo and cpma seems to have that.

P

{pixel}

Originally posted by MadEd
Due to pix pestering me i went and got the last release, installed it on the server and found that it was smooth to play, unlike the laggy feel with osp.
Mind u though the assist and the strange thaw sound still leave a bit to be desired.
Perhaps if theres another release of osp that addresses the laggy feel it seems to have then i will change my mind again.

=)

due to a sudden bout of incoming work i am handing the running of this over to the other admins... under my watchful eye ;)

D

Doc^

shock horror

OMG we agree on something :)

We are looking at getting a new version of OSP soon.
Goal is before QCON! SO it will address some of the issues we have found in FT and all the other things.

Thing is with OSP is that rhea/jase works on so many things at Microsoft. he pumps outs games faster then a rabbit makes bunnies. So his time is pretty much hard to find.

Not that he has forgot about OSP just his time is nil atm.

I am back in Seattle for a bit so I will be able to help him and go over and shove him around at times hehehe :p

But CPMA would only be for a cup and then back to OSP for Season 3. and plus prizes for all Div's winners this next time around :)

BarrysWorld Owns

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

D

Doc^

sounds

Ed there is a thing to change the sounds in CPMA.
ffs i can not rememer it off the top of my head.
look in the read me file.
you can have old FT sounds in CPMA.
I like the new ones myself.
I want them in the next version of OSP :)

to much reading for a game i might say LOL
everytime we think we got Q3 figured out there is somethig else to learn.

wtf we all going to do when Domm3 and Q4 come out LOL :p

S

SLAyRe

For those who haven't looked on the BWFTL mainpage:
The signups for this cup are open, plz take a look on the mainpage.

L

ln-jinx

Re: sounds

Originally posted by Doc^
[wtf we all going to do when Domm3 and Q4 come out LOL :p [/B]

Consider taking typing lessons (or ajust your thinking speed to your typing speed) :D

P

{pixel}

Re: Re: sounds

Originally posted by ln-jinx
Consider taking typing lessons (or ajust your thinking speed to your typing speed) :D

rofl ;) :rolleyes: :D

S

swelter

rah!

Maps: I think it would be wise to work out a rationale for selecting maps, then pick maps according to criteria. ie...

From what I can gather, FT tends to be played on the smaller maps? Maps like CPM18 and CPM21, which work well in CPM TDM would then be to large? Current TDM leagues are using CPM4/CPM18/CPM21/OSP5a/NODM6, with ESL using CPM20 as well. Of those, only CPM4/CPM20/OSP5a fall into the medium size category. In the past, DM14tmp, CPM9 and CPM14 were used. These are probably slightly smaller.

Aside: There were some oddities with CPM14 in past seasons of BWCPML (and recently compatibility issues with OSP?). I personally think it's one armour short of being a decent map.

Another factor to consider might be how "new" these maps are. The signup list seems to have a mix of FT and CPM clans. If you put a list of CPM4, CPM18, CPM21 that would heavily favour CPM clans, who know these maps inside out (whether or not they know FT strats). A balance of "new", "old" and "neutral" might be a good idea?

(btw, cpm20 has never seen much action in competition, and I think would fit nicely in the list, but then I made it so I could be biased:))

I don't know if there are any other criteria you might want to add: I see mention of lava pits and location names as good/essential. How many maps do you want? Learning maps is always troublesome, so a small list might be nice?

My personal suggestion would be CPM4, CPM20, OSPDM5a (though those maps are all fairly similar in style).

D

Doc^

maps

Maps:

For FT I prefer bigger maps. especialy with a 5v5 going on. I think maps should be bigger then normal maps. I hate pro-6 for ft. it is a joke in a 5v5 game. A map should be big enough to where you can have some strats to dethaw team mates even when you the last one alive. But bigger maps are good for ft. small maps blow.
If you are a good ft player you can still ambush ppl even if you are the last one or 2 alive on certain maps.

Users who are viewing this thread