Courier Madness

Will

/bin/su
Look at drag race NYC. Its 50MB, but has some insane cycle couriers who are in an alleycat race*. I found myself sucking my breath in at some of the gaps they go through, let alone the cutting across moving traffic.

And most of them are on fixed gear bikes. Some of them have no brakes.

*Informal race with no fixed route, but a series of checkpoints which can be gone around in any order.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thats utterly fucking awesome.

And bloody dangerous! Sheesh, I used to think I was being cool filtering between 3 lanes of traffic on the way to college and such, but that video takes the biscuit.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
feh, we ride like that in holland all the time! :p*

*may be lies ;) that's pretty awesome!

Will

/bin/su
Reminds me of how I cycle in traffic, but a little bit more out there. :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Bah, I've been telling you for years to go fixed Will, it's the future!*

*May in fact be the past, but is definatly what the real men* do.

*Idiots.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Gumbo! Will! Go go Clan Green!
Also, these videos have been posted before :)

Will

/bin/su
Gumbo said:
Bah, I've been telling you for years to go fixed Will, it's the future!
I've actually got my first bike with gears sitting beside me...I've not actually got any singlespeeds at the moment. Though all I need to do is make a bit more room, and I'll get myself a nice track bike. :)

Gray

FH is my second home
I wonder how many fatalities there are on the roads which are in respect to the Couriers, some good stuff but the amount of times i seen in that video getting close to cars and buses etc..

Ow? :s

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Still downloading and I usually cycle down pansy cycle lanes so I don't have anything interesting to add. To be fair riding a bike around Swansea would probably be suicide but I'm still too wimpy to go through the busy areas.

P.S. Hello all Clan Green peons.

TdC

tbh I'm so used to dutch cycle lanes that I'd prolly be dead within seconds if I tried stuff like that oO

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Will said:
...........a nice track bike. :)

Thats a contradiction in terms Will. Track bikes are horrible.
Track racing is evil and very dangerous.
The team I raced for were a track team, we have a track in Scunthorpe, and when I first raced for them you wouldnt believe the amount of punching and elbow barging that went on in the bunch races (points race, devil_take_the_hindmost etc).

At club level its very clique'y (sp) and they dont take to n00bs very well, especially if you kick their arses.

Its a stupid sport for stupid people......and its not sour grapes 'cos I was actually very good at it.

Stay away from the track Will. :twak:

TdC

bah, the mtb people over here are all ***** tbh. *NOBODY* waves or replies to greetings. I suppose the (semi)pro clique has filtered down into the amatures. "we're all gods and you n00b can FOAD with your 2000gbp bike shoved up yer arse. where'd you get it anyway? halfords?" seems the sentiment of choice :(

it may well be that they just dislike me hogging the track whilst struggling upslope panting my lungs out though ;)

Will

/bin/su
Ah, Wilier, I wasn't going to take it anywhere near the track, I'd just mount a front brake and use it for commuting. I'd probably not get a real track bike because of the toe overlap (for anyone else reading, your feet can clip the front wheel when you turn), just something similar and fixed.

And TdC, just wait till I get over there, I'll show those n00bs.

Do you have technical terrain in Holland? ;)

TdC

teschnickal? what's that? ;)

we have trees though, and euro-mud. you'll love it: goes everywhere but doesn't stick like english mud ;) and rocks. we have rocks. if you like I'll even throw them at you as you bike through the trees and mud :D

Will

/bin/su
English mud? You're on dangerous ground there. :p

Trees and mud are good. Do you have hills? ;)

TdC

we have things I call hills. I'm not entirely sure what you'd call them though :)

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
TdC said:
we have things I call hills. I'm not entirely sure what you'd call them though :)

Some of the Ardennes roads are ferking killers.......Ive been to Fleche-Walloon, Liege-Bastoigne-Liege, and the Tour of Flanders.......bloody great fortnight that was :)

TdC

yeah, but that's the Ardennes :) mates of mine were there recently, riding down dis-used ski slopes. great fun :)

Will

/bin/su
I had a look at one of those...very nice, especially at that price. At the moment, I'm building up my new mtb, so I can't be caught looking at new bikes. Kirsty would kill me. ;)

TdC

Gumbo said:
A mate got one of these last year, it's really rather nice.

ooh pretty! in a poncy "I only ride on hard surfaces" way ;) don't you ride a unicycle Gumbo? you're as messed in the head as Will is with that single-speed lark!! :eek:

*flex mad mbt muscles*

*wonder where mad mbt muscles went in so short a time*

:(

Gumbo

FH is my second home
riding.sized.jpg

That's my Muni, I also have a little freestyle Uni too. I ought to take a pic of my Pinarello framed fixed, might do that at the weekend.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Amazingly, there was a team of uni-cyclists did the RedBull 24hr a few years back :eek6:

Will

/bin/su
There were a couple of unicyclists at the opening of the Mabie Darkside (north-shore style track) who managed the whole thing, including some fairly impressive drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom