CounterStrike: The Movie!`

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by ECA
http://us.imdb.com/Trailers?0281618

Looks like they decided to cash in.

Erm, it has nothing to do with the game and has no links with valve. It's just called counterstrike.

Its based on the book (Assult/Attack of the Queen?) and is a remake of a Sinatra film if you looked a bit closer.

Do your homework ECA.

E

ECA

Originally posted by Ch3tan
Erm, it has nothing to do with the game and has no links with valve. It's just called counterstrike.

Its based on the book (Assult/Attack of the Queen?) and is a remake of a Sinatra film if you looked a bit closer.

Do your homework ECA.

They are still cashing in on the name CounterStrike w/ a terrorism film no?

Regardless of official license or not.

C

Ch3tan

No they aren't. CS is big in term of online gaming, but it is not that well a known franchise outside it.

There have been other movies called Counter-strike, made before the game afaik. Its a movie about anti-terrorism, so calling it Counter-strike should not automatically lead you to assume it ahs anything to do with the game.

/edit/ Lets back this up with some stats, csports.net usually shows up to 100k people playing Half-life a day. Up to 75k of these are playing CS. Now in terms of marketing a made for TV movie, do you really think that that many people, compared to the huge tv watching audience would have really entered their minds?

E

Embattle

This is a......who fucking cares....thread ;)

E

ECA

The first CounterStrike film was in '69 and about aliens.

There was a canadian tv series in the same name made in 1990.

csports.net shows 72k people playing right now, this of course doesnt include servers not on a master, lan games, or account for a total per day. Lets say 200k a day is a conservative figure?

Their alltime records show just over 79 million people having played and just over 7 million for the past 31 days.

I think EVERY gamer has heard of counter-strike, and with it being covered on the likes of ABC during CPL, it probably has a broader penetration than tomb raider in a gaming sense ( ie not accounting for people who learnt of it because of the movie ), which was a large enough base for them to make a film and a sequel.

Anyway its too fucking hot, going to get some lollies to suck on.

( awaits childish jokes )

C

Ch3tan

The alltime record is how many have played since they started logging.

Thats the same 75k people everyday.

If it was a cinema movie based in anyway on the game rather than just using the name (which btw is Counter-Strike for the game and counterstirke for the movie) then you might be right ECA. As it is its a TV movie about about anti terrorism. Not everything is related to online gaming.

Tomb Raider is far more widely played and well known than CS, in a gaming sense.

E

ECA

Originally posted by Ch3tan
The alltime record is how many have played since they started logging.

Yes I know that....

and no, the online now isnt the same 75k people all the time.

If you divide 7 million by 31 you get around 230k/day. And of course I reckon csports is nowhere near a definitive guide on the number of players.

So 80 million people have heard about it enough to play it at least once and 230k play each day, of course not everyone plays every day you have to take into account those who play maybe once a week or once every two weeks and are casual players.

The true figure is probably over 1 million different people per week.

How many more have heard of it but dont play it?

I've heard of tomb raider, yet I don't play it. I'm fairly sure theres a lot of people in the same boat.

My original point being a lot of people will see a movie called CounterStrike and of those who are aware of the game, will probably believe its a related film. The producers/studio will certainly be aware of this and know it will boost viewing, hence its cashing in.

T

Tom

Its just a crappy little addictive game where bunches of mainly children run around shooting eachother. There is nothing you could use to base a film upon. Tomb Raider is different, as the game is mainly about exploration of artefacts, and that's good material for a base plot.

There must be dozens of games that share their names with films.

E

ECA

So there have been no good terrorist/counter-terrorist films?

I could name more than a few.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by ECA

I could name more than a few.

Name a few women you've dated and I'll be impressed more tbh tbh.

E

ECA

I'm right, your wrong, and if you don't reply you love the elephant penis inserted into your rectum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom