CounterStrike Server

O

old.Paul B

I know it's still in Beta but is there any chance of a CounterStrike server.

The MOD is better than TFC (IMHO) but finding a server anywhere in this country is nearly impossible.

So please, pretty please...etc

------------------
Paul B
paul@pbrowning.freeserve.co.uk

O

old.Hophead

just saw over at wireplay that they already have 1 counterstrike server, 3 by the end of today apprently

and the mod's author hangs out on their message baords too...

O

old.[SLH]Pakman

Even though I expect it is really rude to mention the competion a a BW message board.

DNA have two servers (based in Belfast)
Shonky have one most of the time.
and there is also an ESP server running the mod and I get alright pings to these.

------------------
"Be vevvy, vevvy quiet! I'm hunting wabbits"

Elmer Fudd

O

old.[DW]Biggz

Anyone get the impression that Barrys is ingnoring the Half-Life/TFC etc comunity here? they seem to love the Quake/Q2/Q3 comunity too much and forget about us.

Biggz *not a happy chappy, but cant complain
smile.gif
as we dont pay"

------------------
[Digital Warfare]
http://dw.games-world.net

O

old.C4

>> "Anyone get the impression that Barrys is ingnoring the Half-Life/TFC etc comunity here"
BW is giving us a great FREE service, if you don't like it then use another server.

I'm sure BW know about what we (the HL/TFC community) want, and will set up new servers if they can, but Quake/2/3 area is their primary concern. I would love to see more HL/TFC servers, and bookable ones too, but since BW is a free service, I am happy for what we have.

C4

M

Mr Lee

Wireplay have 4 servers running CS beta 2.1 (only them and the official test server are running it
smile.gif
); 1 server is open (it can be connected to from any isp) and the other 3 can only be accessed through the Wireplay dial-up.

The 2 main ppl from the CS team, Gooseman and Cliffe, read the message board
smile.gif

T

TedTheDog

We do know you're there, and we know that theres not enough support for half-life here either.
Wireplay are a commercial operation and have a budget and stuff and therefore have the time and money to do this. Unless we're in the same position, we cant do what we do properly, I think everyone knows that.

So, you're right, we dont look after the HL community properly, we just do what we can do and look forward to being able to do something about it all.

M

Mr Lee

Wireplay have 5 servers now, 1 open, the other 4 just through Wireplay.

M

Mr Lee

And they are all full every night, this is turning into one very polular mod
smile.gif

O

old.Armengar

counterstrike better than TFC??
seriously? Its good but only if you are prepared to play all day, Ive found that you cant just jump into a game for 30 mins unlike TFC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom