Cosmos

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by Deebs, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Worth using?

Something better?

2. Hendrich

Hendrich Fledgling Freddie

some say gypsy mod is good, personaly I use cosmos and wont change.... works great for me

3. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

CT Mod matey.

4. Tharion

Tharion Fledgling Freddie

CTMod for me plus some extra stuff.

5. Asha

Asha Fledgling Freddie

cosmos is lagging me to hell whenever I get more than 1 enemy entering my screen... not good.

going to try nick's mod when I get some time to mess with it.

6. Hendrich

Hendrich Fledgling Freddie

havnt had any lag issues with cosmos yet

7. 'Shy

'Shy One of Freddy's beloved

Cosmos caused great lag for me, I recommend CT Mod too, much simpler. Plus it has a timer on it so you know when dinner's done! :D

8. Tharion

[QUOTE='Shy]Cosmos caused great lag for me, I recommend CT Mod too, much simpler. Plus it has a timer on it so you know when dinner's done! :D[/QUOTE]

Aha so thats what that timer is for, never found it useful :)

9. Brynn

Brynn Can't get enough of FH

i have only used cosmos

but its a nightmare to change the .toc files

10. Tharion

Naa get that nifty prog posted some threads ago that do it to all the .toc files.

11. Naewae

Naewae Fledgling Freddie

Re: Cosmos which I 've been highly recommended....

I just can't get it to work. I've downloaded and installed the US one (as recommended) and I get "Your interface folder is out-of-date. Click remove to delete the folder or exit to quit the game" when I try to play.

Any ideas?

12. Danya

Danya Fledgling Freddie

Use the toc mod program to update your files.

I use cosmos, I like it. :eek:

13. Asha

Asha Fledgling Freddie

ye but there is only 7 ppl on your server :x

14. Coccas

Coccas Loyal Freddie

i just use some random usefull addons instead of a full mod with stuff i dont need

15. Esran

Esran Fledgling Freddie

I'm using Cosmos and a shit load of other stuff as well. My FPS has been okay apart from one really big issue. I had it somehow that when the character sheet or a craft window was open the FPS would drop to 3 or 4.

I think this was connected to a mod which lets you move these about. In the end I deleted the character settings directory for that character (under WTF/Account/Charname) and the problem went away. So I've disabled that particular mod.

I might play with CTMod as I'm sure I could get higher FPS. Obviously I'll leave that till 2am so I don't have to queue!

16. Elvo^Rylu

Elvo^Rylu Fledgling Freddie

Being able to send map notes to each other with cosmos is preeeeecious.

17. Tinu

Tinu Fledgling Freddie

Using alittle modified version of Nurfed, like it alot, Cosmos is a good UI to start with but I would suggest moving on after gettin familiar with stuff etc.

18. Nightchill

Nightchill One of Freddy's beloved

Using Cosmos here. Have a small .exe that detects WoW version and updates all the .tocs so tis no hassle.

19. Garnet

Garnet Fledgling Freddie

Using gypsy here and everythings fine. Only thing missing is a auto sort soul shards into end bag option ;)

20. Danya

Danya Fledgling Freddie

Yeah gets pretty lonely. ;(

21. Fana

Fana Fledgling Freddie

Just using an extra 24 slot quickbar and nothing else. Dont really have any need for anything else, yet anyway. Might get a better groupbar when proper pvp kicks loose later.