Corrupt file

• Thread starter old.pala hellraiser
  • Start date
O

old.pala hellraiser

Hi I am upgrading win 98 to xp.. after the files have been transferred windows restarts and then says its installing win xp but I get "corrupt file sbp2port.sys" and the installation is cancelled. I have searched everywhere on the net for this file to download so I can replace it but I can't find it anywhere. Its not on the windows disk. If anyone can tell me what this file is and where I can get this file from then that would be great.

Thanks

T

tris-

its not on my system either, maybe if you have a version of windows XP acquired through other chanels, then it might not have copied right.

O

old.pala hellraiser

lol I like the way you put that "aquired through other channels" :) And yes your right it was aquired through a different channel. But Know anyway to get the file?

T

tris-

if u know the guy who has the origional disk, accidenlty steal it from his house.

T

tris-

quoted from a website after searching for the file

"The file you are searching for is in a folder labeled "CAB"
on your Windows CDROM"

so have a look in there

O

old.pala hellraiser

Windows xp.. need advice please

Ok I formatted and did a clean install of windows xp and everything is fine. I still have that geforce to put onto my system (geforce 4 ti 4600) some of you might remember trying to help me trying to get it to work on Win 98. I am new to windows XP and I can't figure out how to uninstall the radeon drivers. I didn't install these drivers myself windows did it itself when installing. I have gone to add/remove programs and its not listed. I noticed that there isnt a device manager (or not one that I can find) so I don't know how to do it. As windows automatically installed these drivers I don't think I have to remove them as such but obviosuly I don't want my geforce drivers conflicting with them.

Any help much appreciated

M

Miles_Binck

Device Manager in WindowsXP

Click Start Button > Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager

To Remove the Old GFX drivers & install new ones

• Go into Device Manager (See above for instructions)
  • Click the + next to Display Adapters
  • Right Click the Graphics Card
  • Choose Properties
  • From the properties choose the Driver Tab (across the top)
  • Choose UnInstall (it will remove the GFX Card from the system + the drivers)
  • Once GFX Card Drivers are uninstalled, shutdown the PC, remove the old Card, and insert the new one.
  • Boot Up PC and once Windows detects the new Card, install the relevant drivers

Or if you don't want to do all that, just format again, but this time install Windows XP with the new card already in place.

O

old.pala hellraiser

Thanks (I like the picture, is that you ? )

O

old.pala hellraiser

lol you can have a male name and be a female :)

M

Miles_Binck

Originally posted by old.pala hellraiser
(I like the picture, is that you ? )

ices_rofl.gif
nope, its the delectable Josie Maran

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom