Cooperative server

Dzoul

Fledgling Freddie
Hello,

It's my first post here :)
I am not speaking (and writing) very well in english. So, i post here to ask to you for a cooperative server.

Are you interest to play on this server type ?

French post here

Good game :D

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
If the UK had the population to fill another server then it would be a nice idea, but as it stands with the 3/4 servers we already have, we do not have enough daoc players to fill them up.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Sve: By how quickly the population drops due to problems created by GOA we canb close all the servers? I don't think so. Opening a cooperative server can get the now inactive PVE types back to the game, and if they subscribe again, they are back on other servers, and also it would attract new players to daoc, in addition to the current players who are interested.

Also it would be in english like the new classic server or the pvp server, but it would be international and the german, french, etc. playerbase are much bigger.

Also it would be a time, when GOA would show, they care if a few hunbdreds of subscribers want something. It would be a step where they would restore some of the trust, etc. they lost with the recent events.

Many many reasons to open a cooperative server.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed it would be an international server whihc would be fine for that server, but what about the other servers? It would hurt them more and make the population 'thin' out on them, causeing current players to not be able to enjoy the game.

It would be nice having a co-op server dont get me wrong, but then GOA cant keep creating servers with certain 'rules' to fit everybody who is unhappy with the current servers or have left daoc.

I think the only way they could do it would be to completely merge Exc and Pry together creating 1 server and not a cluster, so the UK would only have

1 classic
1 TOA
1 PVP
1 Co-op

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
It would be a Euro server like Camlann, not a UK server. France and Germany don't have population problems like we do (because the game got publicised in those countries), so the provision of a Euro co-op server would not "cause current players to not be able to enjoy the game"; far from it, it would mean we in Europe finally had the server so many have asked for, for so long, and would mean GOA would be providing a better overall service by dint of providing a better choice...which would make the playerbase overall more, not less happy.

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, but it would take players away from the Pryd/Excal cluster, which is already hurting. It wouldnt make that player base happy, it would just make more quit as less action would be available. Even if its an international server it doesnt mean it wouldnt drain English server numbers too.

Dzoul

Fledgling Freddie
I think euro co-op server is possible not to empty the other. There is 13 servers in Europe and there are enough players for all "daoc's mods" and specialy the co-op :)

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Dzoul said:
I think euro co-op server is possible not to empty the other. There is 13 servers in Europe and there are enough players for all "daoc's mods" and specialy the co-op :)

The English cluster doesnt have enough players currently. A co-op server would drain those numbers even more. The only solution I can think of is to make the default language for a co-op server french or german, so that english speaking players are less inclined to join.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
dont fink a co-op server pop would rise above 200 tbh.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Coop seems nice to me though the end game is probably really boring.
Beating mobs all day who have taken over some keeps and get RPs for killing the already brainless mobs..
If they would make a coop PvE and somesort of Camlann PvP mixed server that would be great (imo) as you could level along every single class and not be chain killing by a griefer and still be able to PvP in NF or a zone that is marked as PvP.

Then again like other people are already saying the population on the Exc/Pry cluster ain't exactly good and another server type will take down the numbers even more which is never a good thing.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Please, no more bloody servers. It's bad enough without yet another.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Dont need it and never will for the english community... the main servers already been ripped to shit by classic, dont need to make it even worse then now.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i think the deal is, the people who will move to co-op only want to do pve anyway. and i care if theres people in rvr, not if theres people on the server doing pve.

Dzoul

Fledgling Freddie
We must to be waiting the mode effect is ended for classic server. We ask to goa a sondage (is there correct english word ? :) ) with new tools about co-op server.

Nice day Dzoul :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Classic has creamed servers as it is, and IMO was bad timing as the game in Euro is in a pretty poor state as it is.

Id love a coop, but its way past that now, too many things putting people off playing fram lag to cheats to the timesinks like MLs. Sod all the new fluff servers and patches, get players back in ffs, bling is for chavs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom